Curried eggs recipe please?

redrustie, Feb 11, 4:43am
Has anyone got a good one? I've never made them but have alot of eggs! ! Thank you x

davidt4, Feb 11, 4:47am
Egg, Vegetable & Coconut Curry

Serves 4

2 carrots in thin batons
1 courgette in thin batons
200g green beans cut in half
1 med potato in thin batons
1 tab veg. oil
1 large onion thinly sliced
½ tsp black mustard seeds
8 curry leaves
1 green chilli thinly sliced
1 tsp poppy seeds
200 ml coconut milk
juice half lemon
150 ml water
6 hard boiled eggs, halved
salt
chopped coriander leaves

Cut veges into bowl of cold water.

Heat oil & fry onion 5 min, add mustard seeds, curry leaves & chilli, fry 3 min.
Add veges and everything except coriander and eggs. Cook gently 6 – 8 min until just tender. Add coriander. and eggs and combine gently.

redrustie, Feb 11, 8:31am
Cheers davidt4, but i meant curried eggs that you boil first, like a buffet thing, rather than egg curry!

245sam, Feb 11, 8:40am
like these redrustie? - from

http://trademecooks.net.nz/viewtopic. php? f=27&t=791

"stuffed eggs
hard boil however many eggs you require remembering that 12 eggs will make 24 stuffed egg halves. before putting eggs into boiling water prick their rounded end with a sharp tack and lower gently on a spoon into the water, this ensures that the yolk stays in the centre of the egg. ( which is important when you remove the hard boiled yolk to mix with other ingredients, as it leaves a good shaped halved egg to stuff) when hard boiled run the eggs under cold water and peel carefully then half lengthwise and carefully remove the yolk, put into a bowl and add to taste; eta mayonnaise, cream to moisten and curry powder and salt and pepper and finely chopped parsley if you like it. mash together until smooth and in teaspoon lots replace into the halved eggs. posted by lizyb

Easy peasy stuffed eggs
Hi - I'm just new to this whole curried/stuffed egg business. But have been making and getting great feedback using this "recipe" Hard boil eggs. Remove hard yolks into a bowl. Add plenty of mayo (Real brand is great) and I use curry paste in a jar rather than curry powder, salt & pepper. Stir together and spoon back into the eggs. So yum and so easy! ! posted by davewendy. ":-))

korbo, Feb 11, 8:46am
love the eggs 245 has given. BUT i do a salady thing...
hardboil the eggs, shell and chop up and put in bowl.
I buy the cheapest mayo on the shelf, mix it with a little cream or milk, until a little bit runny, add some red chopped onions or chives, and say 2 teaspoon curry powder.cover and put in fridge for 2hours before eating. usually do about 8 eggs.

gojojo2, Feb 11, 9:21am
Or chopped chives instead of parsley nom nom nom

shazzy67, Feb 12, 1:45am
Using dijonnaise or honey mustard dressing gives a really nice taste too.

maxwell.inc, Aug 4, 3:00am
Its simply just a cheese or white sauce with curry powder in it, HB eggs added and heated through, sometimes spring onion and curry powder sprinkled on top. Served Hot.