Christmas mince pies

sarahb5, Dec 2, 3:09am
Has anyone seen the Anathoth berry mincemeat in the supermarket this year? I prefer this now to the traditional one and no, I don’t want to make my own.

245sam, Dec 2, 5:34am
sarahb5, I haven't personally seen that mincemeat in the supermarket but have just had a look on Countdown's website and according to that the mincemeat is available and is currently 'on special' at $4.50:-
https://shop.countdown.co.nz/#url=/Shop/ProductDetails%3Fstockcode%3D367681%26name%3Danathoth-fruit-mince-berry-fruits%26searchString%3Dfruit%2Bmince

Hope that helps and that there is a Countdown supermarket in your proximity. :-))

sarahb5, Dec 2, 5:57am
Yep I ordered some with my online Countdown shopping but it’s out of stock

245sam, Dec 9, 7:17pm
sarahb5, that fruit mince is available - have been in Mosgiel Countdown over the last day or two and they had it there, both traditional and berry versions although not much of the latter on the display shelf. :-))

sarahb5, Dec 9, 9:16pm
Ordered it twice now with my online shopping - second time they subbed with Tasti (yuck) so returned it as I had specifically said only sub with Anathoth traditional which I found myself after the girl looked on the jam and spread shelf even though I told her it’s usually in the baking aisle. Went in yesterday and found 2 pottles of the berry at the end of an aisle with other Christmas stock so all set for mince pie baking this afternoon.

rainrain1, Dec 10, 6:31am
Xmas mince pies to me, are the most hideous things to do with Xmas. nobody should be allowed to like them, I hate them with a passion!

sarahb5, Dec 10, 7:43am
Which is how I feel about Christmas cake and Christmas pudding

unknowndisorder, Dec 10, 8:56am
Not sure what channel it was on today, but Jamie Oliver made some interesting Xmas tarts, using filo and short? Pastry. Looked interesting, only caught the tail end of it (can't stand him, but some of his recipes are fascinating).

Sort of looked like cinnamon rolls in filo (baked in muffin tins).

sarahb5, Dec 10, 8:58am
My mum used filo for hers - very nice but hard to add brandy butter

unknowndisorder, Nov 24, 9:48am
He lined the tin with filo, then chucked in the swirls and brushed the whole lot with butter. I only caught it once he had lined the tins, so wasn't really sure what the rest was. Might hunt it down at some stage. The guest thought that peppercorns did not go with it (missed that bit, as I half listen to programmes).

DH laughs at me as he turns on the radio for noise but I turn on the TV.