Tumeric coffee

melford, Nov 6, 8:37am
Plenty of recipes if you type in google "Turmeric coffee" note turmeric has an "r" in it

mjhdeal, Nov 6, 6:20pm
This is the recipe I use for Turmeric Mylk

1/2 cup turmeric powder
1 cup water
1.5 teaspoon ground black pepper
5 Tablespoons coconut oil

1. Mix water with turmeric powder in a pot and slowly heat and stir for 5-10 minutes until it turns into a thick paste. Add an extra 1/2 cup of water if it gets too thick.
2. Add black pepper and oil and continue stirring until fully incorporated. Sometimes I might add a tsp of cinnamon too.
3. Allow to cool: store in fridge and use within 1-2 weeks.

To drink: add some of the turmeric paste (up to you how much: I use about a heaped tablespoon?), with milk/honey to taste. Top with boiling water and stir well.

awoftam, Nov 7, 2:23am
This is the one I make; has ginger and cinnamon in it too:

http://kaleandchocolate.com/recipe/creamy-turmeric-latte/

uli, Nov 7, 5:59am

nauru, Nov 7, 6:02am
Wow, ½ cup turmeric sounds an awful lot, is that correct?

mjhdeal, Nov 7, 6:03am
That recipe is to make a jar, from which you take a tablespoon at a time

"3. Allow to cool: store in fridge and use within 1-2 weeks.

To drink: add some of the turmeric paste (up to you how much: I use about a heaped tablespoon?), with milk/honey to taste. Top with boiling water and stir well."

samanya, Nov 7, 6:16am
You said that n your post . obviously some people missed it.

nauru, Nov 7, 6:19am
Thanks for sharing those links uli, useful info. in there. There's a lot of conflicting information around so those links have solved some of my queries.

nauru, Nov 7, 6:22am
Thanks for that, sorry I obviously misread it

mjhdeal, Nov 7, 6:24am
lolz. Half a cup of turmeric in one go.

tjman, Nov 7, 6:27am
I do have a recipe but Turmeric coffee is so vile (for me) I cannot bring myself to post it. lol

nauru, Nov 7, 6:33am
That is what I thought too, lol.

rasin11, Nov 7, 7:51am
Does anyone have a relatively quick recipe please? I love the coffee but sometimes at certain cafes they use too ugh honey for me. Have tried to make it at home but not too successful unfortunately. I know yo have to add black pepper to make the turmeric work but thats about all.

uli, Dec 4, 8:57pm
Another interesting thing if you are interested in Ayurveda (where all this originally came from) is that if you have ANY liver problem to NOT to use turmeric (as it heats the liver apparently) and use lots of coriander instead which "cools" it.
Always difficult to transport single items of knowledge from one culture to another.
Won't start on soy etc.