petal1955, Jan 16, 2:51am
Terri’s Chocolate Zucchini Cake

1 cup butter softened
1.1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp connamon
1/2 cup sour milk (use normal milk and add some lemon juice or white vinegar to sour)
2. 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 cup finely shredded (grated) zucchini

Grease and lightly flour two 8.1/2 inch or 9.1/2 inch round baking pans(sponge tins)
Beat butter for 30 seconds at medium speed, gradually add in sugar. Add eggs and vanilla, and beat well. Beat in cocoa powder and cinnamon at low speed.
Combine flour, baking soda and baking powder, add alternately with soured milk to mixture. Stir in zucchuni. Turn in baking pans. Bake at 350F oven for 35 to 40 mins for 8.1/2inch pans 30 to 35 mins for 9.1/2inch pans. Cool in pans for 10 minutes. Remove from pans and place on rack to cool thoroughly.

Ice with an Almond Butter Icing.

dibble35, Jan 16, 3:29am
Yumm, I have my own Choc zucchini cake recipe, (looks very similar) that i will be making to take out when we stay at the batch next week. It keeps so well. I've been saving up my zucchinis for a few days but now they are coming thick and fast and i'll be over run with them soon

coralsnake, Jan 16, 3:56am
I am over run with zucchinis - dumb question - do you peel first or just shred?

rebecca18, Jan 16, 4:13am
Just shred coralsnake, no need to peel.

samanya, Jan 16, 5:15am
I make Zucchini muffins regularly & I grated & froze some last year, to cope with the glut. They defrost quite wet but I just squeeze out the liquid & it works just fine.

nauru, Jan 16, 8:11am
I make a Chocolate Zucchini cake too, very dark and moist, almost like a mudcake without all the eggs. I'm getting through my Zucchini supply this year by making Zucchini noodles instead of having noodles or pasta, my Granddaughter loves them that way. I bought a cheapy spiralizer from Kmart which works great and didn't break the bank. Makes good vege spirals for adding to my salads too, love having beetroot that way.

calista, Nov 3, 4:47pm
One of Simon and Alison Holst's Slow cooker books has a Chocolate Zucchini cake recipe I keep meaning to try.