Kmart kitchen appliances

gennie, Nov 24, 8:48pm
Instead of hauling the kitchen appliances from home to the Bach/crib I wondered about buying some from kmart and leaving them there permanent. I do a lot of baking and bread making and cooking in general so they would get used every time we are there. Has anyone ever bought a kmart stand mixer or food processor or sandwich press or their version of a nutribullet (or anything like that)? Are they ok? (I wouldn't put stiff bread doughs in the mixer but knead those manually - it is more sloppy doughs like ciabatta and my foccacia recipe that I would use it for ). Thanks.

lythande1, Nov 24, 10:44pm
You think because they are cheap they are junk? I have 2 appliances from Kmart, coming up 3 years, no issues at all.

crazynana, Nov 24, 10:50pm
I have a couple too. They are fine. The dear ones if they break down cost of fixing them is prohibitive so even if the cheaper ones don't last it is cheaper to toss them and buy new ones than get them fixed. I have a toaster that I bought from there five years ago and it is still going strong, used every day. It was $12 so I figured if it died just biff it out and replace it, but nope still good as.

grouch, Nov 25, 12:44am
I have a vacuum cleaner that does the job and was about $100 maybe a little bit less. The previous one was from there and that one was marvelous and that lasted years.

nanasee1, Nov 25, 2:27am
No problems with the $99 microwave. Will look at Kmart first when replacing other items.

janbodean, Nov 25, 2:42am
I've been more than happy with the appliances I bought from K Mart.

kaddiew, Nov 25, 4:21am
I have a Kmart stick/wand blender. It's ok for my needs but only enough guts to puree soft foods.

nauru, Nov 25, 6:32am
I'm happy too with my KMart appliances. I think their Homewares in general are pretty good too, quality and a wide range.

flagheaven, Nov 26, 3:24am
KMART appliances are the best value for money
if it breaks - just buy another one . and its still 1/3 price of "better" one anyway

pauline999, Nov 26, 3:31am
I have bought several appliances from KMart and had no problems. I did buy a cheap hand held electric mixer for my daughter at $15, and reading through the instructions it was fine til the last page - 'not suitable for mixtures with flour' or some similar wording ! It still works OK on packet cake mixes 12 months later.

docsportello, Nov 26, 6:52am
Got a toasted sandwich maker. If anything, it works too good. Am waiting for it to break so i can stop eating cheese. DIE YOU DAMN THING DIE

nauru, Nov 26, 7:14am
Most of these things are made in China and I have found that a lot of the instruction manual translations leave a lot to be desired. The instructions for my bench oven were showing the controls the wrong way round.

gennie, Nov 26, 7:44am
Thanks for all the comments. Today a sandwich press, a red stand mixer and a mini blender with bottles was bought. All up about $130. (Of course spent more than that while there - it is one of those shops that you walk out with at least 7 items that you didn't go in to get in the first place. )

dilligaf_dah, Nov 27, 12:40am
still have all mine from K mart 17 years ago and they are still going strong even the 8.00 toaster,and 69.00 microwave

botim, Nov 27, 4:43am
Happy with our KMART toaster and kettle. Had them for just over 3 years with no complaints. Mrs B

camper18, Dec 3, 9:08am
Love my deep fryer $39 as it's so easy to clean. Pull off the element/control and put the rest in the dishwasher. Daughter has several appliances from Kmart and has had no trouble with them.

paora-tm, Dec 3, 8:41pm
There was a news story about Kmart vacuum cleaners a little while ago. Every woman and her cat was buying them because they were sooooooo good and sooooo cheap at the same time - better than much more expensive products apparently. I only have a Magic Bullet from Kmart - it's more cheaper made but has been doing the job as good as a genuine bullet and it's been doing it for a while - something I use EVERY day.

huca1, Dec 3, 9:28pm
Our kmart kettle has just given up probably 2 years old!

huntlygirl, Nov 27, 4:56pm
l have a red stand mixer and it is used daily and is brilliant much better than l expected.