Bread made with Mixer

bronglen, May 12, 2:20am
I have just bought a Kenwood Mixer and am wanting to make bread. Does anyone have any easy recipes? Also any tips would be welcome. Thanks.

maria121, May 12, 6:03am
I use this recipe using my KitchenAid mixer with the dough hook:

Armish Bread - makes two loaves:

2 cups of warm water
1 tablespoon and 2 teaspoons of Surebake Yeast
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 and 1/2 teaspoons of salt
6 cups of High Grade Flour

Put 2 cups ofvery warm water into the steel mixing bowl (I warm it first) and I have the water between 42-45 degrees.

In the water put 1/2 cup sugar and 1 tablespoon and 2 teaspoons of Surebake Yeast.

Hand whisk for a few seconds to combine.

Leave for 15 minutes

Then put into the above; 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt and 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.

Using the dough hook mix above for a few seconds.

Then add 6 cups of High Grade flour. I put 2 cups in straight away mixing with the dough hook and then add a cup at a time until there is about 1 cup of flour left and then add bit by bit.

Mixing with the dough hook takes about 10 minutes all up.

Then put dough into a steel bowl, cover with gladwrap and placed in oven with light on for dough to prove for 1hr.

After 1hr it should have doubled in size; punch down then split dough into two; roll out and shape into 2 loaves or plait.

Put back into oven to prove for another 30 minutes where it should double in size again.

Then heat oven to 175degrees and bake for 35 minutes.

For a really soft crust brush with 1egg lightly beaten with 1/2 teaspoon of sugar and 1 tablespoon of water.

Note: I also preheat the oven to 50degrees as well as using the oven light for the bread to prove.

bronglen, May 12, 6:07am
Thanks so much Maria. I found some recipes on the internet but I needed the step by step instructions. I really appreciate you taking the time to type them out. I will definately try this out.

maria121, May 12, 6:08am
This bread has quitea bit of sugar in it, but it tastes devine! ! !

maria121, May 12, 6:15am
This might help you as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch? v=KbU7hEw7wNU

bronglen, May 12, 6:15am
I am looking forward to making it, I just have to wait until my oven is fixed.

maria121, Apr 24, 1:56am
No, just set it at 50 degrees.