Muffins made with oats

sailor13, Jan 8, 3:46am
i need a recipe to make bran muffins should i use oat bran or wheat bran ?i want to freeze them dose any one have a good recipe ?.

wheelz, Jan 8, 6:57am
Tried out this recipe yesterday. so good warm, tasty the next day too. should have doubled the recipe. only 1 left now.

Best Banana Oat Muffins
makes 12 muffins

1 ½ cups (215g) all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
2/3 cup (65g) granulated sugar
2 large ripe bananas (about 1 cup/240ml mashed, or 240g flesh)
1/3 cup (80ml) full fat sour cream
1/3 cup (80ml) milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg, at room temperature
2/3 cup (65g) quick-cooking oats, plus extra for topping
5 tbsp (70g) unsalted butter, melted
1/3 cup (2oz/56g) dark chocolate chunks

Preheat your oven to 375°F and line a standard 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.

In a large bowl, mash the bananas well with a fork until smooth. Stir in sour cream. Add milk and vanilla and stir until combined, then mix in egg until well incorporated. Stir through oats and let mixture stand for 5 minutes.

In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar until evenly blended. Add melted butter and the dry ingredients to the bowl with the banana mixture and fold gently until combined.

Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups, filling them up to the rim. Scatter some chocolate chunks on top and bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown and slightly firm to the touch. Transfer pan to a wire rack and let muffins cool for 5 minutes in the pan before transferring individually to the rack to finish cooling.

poppit15, Nov 6, 7:00pm
I make this recipe everyweek - makes 9 muffins does 4 days at work. No flour, butter or milk = actually a dukan recipe but I love it. Amazes me that my peers go next door and pay 4.50 every morning for a muffisn. Freezes well. When I bake them the first day I have warm with some yoghurt on top. I use them as a breakfast because trying to reduce bread. Oatbran has so much more benefits that oats.
2 eggs
6 tbspns yoghurt - plain or flavoured
6 tablespns oatbran
2tspns baking powder
Mix together - bake 190 about 10 - 15 minutes
I add frozen berries or lemond rind and sultanas or cinanomon choice is yours - vanilla essence and a couple of chocolate drops