1 pound of Butter, makes 2 1/2 pounds of butter

july, Feb 12, 10:09pm
buy 1 pound of butter or if you like 500grams when on special
buy 1 bottle of Vegetable oil,( I buy the cheapest 2 liter veg oil when on special ) do not use other oils as the butter mixture will not taste like butter.

(3 containers that have been in the fridge so they are cold any type will do even clean marg containers )

let Butter soften outside of fridge
get your blender, or you can mix with beater or by hand.

put softened butter into bowl or blender ADD 400 to 450 mils of Veg oil
Beat and beat or blend till you have a custard like yellow mixture

Pour into cold containers, let them set in the fridge, and there you have it,
2 1/2 pounds of butter .

NOW you can Bake with it, You can FRY with it, You can use it as spreadable butter, when frying you will find that because you have a butter and oil mixture the butter should not burn while frying, as for baking it will do 90% of any of your recipes, so SAVE MONEY, and get going

PS. you can use this also to make your own spreadable Garlic butter.
and also

DO NOT LEAVE OUT OF FRIDGE FOR LONGER THAN NEEDED as the oil and butter will start to seperate, but that is fine just beat it with a fork or small beater to blend again , and stick it back in the fridge.

ENJOY SAVING MONEY.

fruitbat, Feb 12, 10:14pm
What oil did you use and do you recommend using olive oil.

flick5050, Feb 12, 11:09pm
Don't use olive oil, the taste is too strong.

korbo, Feb 12, 11:50pm
. july qoted vegetable oil. tho did not say which brand. sounds good to me.

korbo, Feb 12, 11:51pm
Just wondering. july. do you use a particular brand of butter, as some of the butters have WATER in them. ? thanks

lythande1, Feb 13, 12:41am
Gross, oil.

korban, Feb 13, 12:43am
That sound rather yucky - don't think I would add oil to butter.

It is not really butter any more, sounds more like a margarine type product.

I will stick to butter.

dibble35, Feb 13, 3:38am
I do this to get spreadable butter as I refuse to eat margarine. I think i use about 350ml light olive oil (cant taste the light stuff like you can with the EV) mixed in with 500gm softened butter. It works really well, but as olive oil is around $10 for a Litre i'm not actually saving any money. I've never tried to bake with it, but once again it wouldnt be any cheaper for me than butter as I dont like using the vegetable/canola etc type oils. Trying to stick with using olive oil, coconut oil and butter. The odd bit of sesame oil for flavour.

dibble35, Feb 13, 3:41am
Hi Korbo. I've been looking at the butter ingredients lately (to get the best value for money) and i find the Mainland and the Pams brand dont contain the water. I think they are exactly the same product as exactly the same ingredient percentages. Might as well save some money and buy the Pams

july, Feb 13, 5:01am
I didnt want to advertize a product but here it is , Simply Pure Vegetable Oil, 2 litre bottle when on special, its a light multi purpose oil and the body will handle it well, not like Margarine which is plastic man made. Olive oil is expensive but its not right for this type of mixture, to strong and would not be really able to bake muffins or cakes etc with olive oil,
and canola tastes bitter when mixed with the butter, the BEST is PURE VEGETABLE OIL hahaha but you can work it out, I bet everyone here has eaten Carrot Cake well its made with oil , hey which ever way I am saving by buying when on special, and you do get used to it, no problem

july, Feb 13, 5:05am
I Used Simply Pure Vegetable Oil I buy the 2 litre bottle when its on special, but you can buy any Veg oil, it has to say Veg oil not canola or olive oil etc

panicky, Feb 13, 5:07am
veg oil = palm oil = rain forest destruction

july, Feb 13, 5:14am
Any butter that is cheap at the time, is fine

july, Feb 13, 5:18am
Had a look at ingredents, 90 percent Soyabean oil and 10 percent Canola

sherrydog, Feb 13, 6:20am
Prefer to just buy butter. Don't encourage anything that smacks of palm oil. Look at the destruction of the forests and bird/wild life. Not worth it.

marcs, Feb 13, 7:06am
There are vegetable oils that are not made with palm oil. Need to read the label. Canola oil is good too which is also known as rapeseed oil in the UK and apparently a big dietry thing about it on uk TV's. I kept on thinking what is rapeseed oil till I looked it up.

amasser, Feb 14, 2:46am
Please enlighten us as to the plastic/s in margarine.

buzzy110, Feb 14, 4:15am
They all have water in them even when the label does not specifically say so. Butter needs to be washed after churning and before sizing and shaping and it is impossible to get rid of it entirely. So any old butter would do.

More importantly I wouldn't mix a natural product like butter with cheapo oil. That is sacrilege imo. Cheap oils are highly processed from plant material that does not figure high in our diet, if at all. It has solvents to hide that it is rancid. They are high in omega 6 which we get too much of.

benthecat, Oct 24, 1:08am
I use rice bran oil. I also add a bit of salt as I like my butter salty.