Sally Lunn/Boston Bun made with potato

groomingtools, Aug 7, 10:41pm
I cant find my copy of this and have leftover potato. I would like to make again

anchored, Aug 7, 10:48pm

245sam, Aug 8, 1:37am
groomingtools, was your mislaid recipe originally from the Recipes MB, and if so do you recall whose recipe it was? If from 'here' I may have it amongst my files and will have a look for you in that case. :-))

nanasee1, Aug 8, 4:49am
A blast from the past; I think it would be a good 30 years since I made this.
1 cup mashed potato & 1 cup sugar beaten together. Add 2 cups self-rising flour and 1/2 c milk (may need a little more to make a stickyish mix) . Add sprinkling of sultanas. Bake at 175C for 30 minutes, ice with butter icing flavoured with coconut essence. Good in a ring tin or formed like a large scone.

groomingtools, Aug 8, 6:42am
Thanks 245sam - it was definitely from here. Thanks for the others- I'm not worried if it is a little different. Will make tomorrow

245sam, Aug 8, 7:24am
groomingtools, here's one from here - it's thanks to TM's funshop72.

POTATO BOSTON BUN
1 cup each of warm mashed potato, sugar, mixed fruit and milk
2 cups self-raising flour

Mix all ingredients together for about 2 minutes, then pour the mixture into a greased and lined 18cm diameter tin.
Bake at 180ºC for 40-50 minutes.
Once cold can be iced with a yummy pink butter icing and sprinkled with coconut. :-))
and this one is from the former Trade Me Cooks.

"SALLY LUNG
3/4 cup sugar, 1 cup of cold mashed potatoes, pinch of salt, 2 cups flour, 2 teaps baking powder, 1/2 cup of sultanas, about 1/4 cup milk. Cream sugar & potatoe together throughtly. Sift flour,salt & Baking powder together and add to potatoe mixture beating well, stir in sultanas, add sufficent milk to mix to a smooth dough. Form into round cake and place on greased try. Bake at 180c for 25 to 30 mins. Ice when cold with pink icing and sprinkle over with coloured sprinkles. Cut and enjoy. My children love it and it also can be frozen.
posted by imajica" :-))

korban, Jan 9, 2:44am
Do you just use leftover mashed potato? Does it matter that the potato had butter and milk added?