Good quick easy receipe for apple muffins

sheryl13, Jun 18, 4:34am
Im looking for a good recipe for a sweet muffin, i dont want it to take up much time as i bake daily for sale.

Thankyou

nauru, Jun 19, 6:57am
Sorry, not a muffin recipe but I have a very nice muesli slice recipe (no eggs), if you are interested I can post it for you.Quickly made and cuts well into squares or slices.

willman, Jun 19, 8:24am
Apple Muffins:

1 egg. 60gr butter. 1 cup apple sauce. 3/4 cup sugar. 1 tspn cinnamon. 1tspn mixed spice. 1 1/2 wholemeal flour. 1 tspn baking powder.

Put the first six ingredients into a bowl and mix well. Add the remaining ingredients and blend until just mixed. Two Thirds fill muffin tins with the batter and bake for 15 minutes @ 190 oC.

sheryl13, Jun 20, 4:08am
oh thanks so much, looks like even i could make those. just checked my wholemeal flower in the pantry, hmmm exp 2016 and 2017 lol might just have to try that when ive been to the supermarket

amasser, Jun 20, 4:31am
Low in butter and sugar?

nauru, Jun 20, 6:30am
100g butter and 2 cups sugar in the original recipe. These days, I make it without adding the sugar as it has dried fruit in it which makes it sweet enough for our taste. I make half the recipe which makes a swiss roll tray sized cake so 100g butter for a larger cake is not too bad.

lynja, Jun 20, 6:58pm
These are my go to apple muffins. Quick to mix and freeze beautifully. I sometimes zap them frozen in the microwave for 30 seconds and they are delicious.

ROSIES APPLE MUFFINS

2 c grated raw unpeeled apples
1/2 c brown sugar
1/2 c oil
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla essence

Combine above and add to

1c wholemeal flour - s/r if you have or add 1 tsp baking powder
1c s/r flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon

Bake 20 min or so at 180. Makes about 10 depending on how big you want them of course. You can add sultanas but I prefer without.

amasser, Jun 20, 11:18pm
Post, please.

nauru, Jun 21, 6:47am
Muesli Slice
100g butter
2 cups flour
2 teasp baking powder
2 cups sugar
2 tablsp golden syrup/honey
4 cups rolled oats
3 cups coconut
1½-2 cups hot water
2-2½ cups mixed dried fruit and nuts of your choice.

Mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl. Melt butter and syrup/honey and add to dry ingredients with water. Mix well together and put into a lined baking pan. Bake @ 180C for 1 hour. Cool in pan and cut into squares or slices.
** Use the smaller amount of water and add extra if you think that you need it. I think the full recipe is enough to bake in a meat roasting size pan. I only use ½ recipe which makes a swiss roll size tray slice, baking it for 30 minutes. As I said above, I now make the recipe omitting the sugar and syrup as we find it is sweet enough with the added fruit.

firemansgirl, Aug 19, 4:59pm
I always use the Chelsea Sugar recipe, I have made these for work and they just disappear. If you don't have fresh apples, tinned ones are still good.
https://www.chelsea.co.nz/browse-recipes/cinnamon-apple-muffins/