Tramping food

fxx99, Sep 12, 10:10am
I am going bush for 15 nights and need to keep my pack weight down. Any ideas for food/recipies/food to take that will last me ? I know I'm gonna get hungry and Back Country Cuisine will taste like cardboard after the 2nd day lol.

strathview, Sep 12, 10:47am
Parmesan cheese with angel hair pasta, tortillia instead of crackers which break, salami, cheese slices, porridge, almonds, fruit cake which is really fruity, milk powder, yogurt powder, instant soups. Save the back country meals for the evening meal. Personally I like most of the back country meals because they are fairly tasty and when I have to carry the food I want it to be light.

..james.., Dec 26, 12:17pm
to me anything tastes good after a couple of nights away bush. 15 days is a good amount of time you lucky one.The above suggestions are great. You're going to need good energy /calories that keep and don't take up too much room or weight.Tuna and salmon sachets, Peanut and almond butter,olive oil,cous cous,TVP (binn inn), hard cheeses. Flavour with sundried tomatoes,soup packets. Check out lots of "thru hiking" food discussions online. they help me a lot. Have fun.