Motueka Carrot cake help!

amourette, May 11, 5:16am
Help, beginner here, how do I know if my carrot cake is cooked, it is in a round tin 24 cms and been in an hour 20 mins, I think it seems nearly ready... ... TIA lovely ladies

petal1955, May 11, 6:15am
Well insert a skewerr into the middle(thickest part) when that comes outdry... your cake is cooked ! ! ! !

amourette, May 11, 6:26am
Thanx petal, I did that with a knife but was worried the crust was wiping it off as I pulled it out, have taken it out a while back so guess we will see when I serve it... . cheers

toadfish, Jun 19, 10:40pm
I have this in the oven as I type, it been in the oven for 40 mins already & the house is smelling devine. I did 1 & half of the recipe and it has filled up my large square silicone Cake baker and a small ring tin... both to the top so they should be nice and deep.

The smaller ring tin will be eaten tonight as we have a family of 5 coming to dinner... (plus our 4) so that will be polished off.

My question is... the large cake is to take to work on Wednesday.
I think I should be Ok sealing it in my tupperware cake taker and icing it Wednesday morning (cream cheese icing).

Do people think this will keep ok or shall I wrap it and freeze it tonight and pull it out Tuesday night.

My instincts is that with all that oil and carrots it will be fine but would appreciate other bakers opinion.

There is alot at stake here as I am known as a "domestic goddess" at work (all in good fun) so my reputation is on the line lol.

Thanks in advance.

babytears, Jun 19, 10:57pm
Personally I would let it cool, wrap well in gladwrap and put into fridge, pull out Wednesday morning and ice while cool and you'll be fine!

toadfish, Jun 20, 12:59am
Thanks Baby Tears, I was going to seal in my tupperware in a cool cupboard... . mmmmm might do what you say just to be really airtight... of I could wrap it in gladwrap in my tupperware and put the whole lot in the fridge... . mmmm not sure...

babytears, Aug 20, 4:01pm
I reckon it should be kept refridgerated to keep it cool and fresh, I'm not 100% sure but with the oil in it, it could turn a bit rancid