Christmas Truffle recipes . can you please share

maribelle, Dec 12, 2:14am
Can those of you who make Christmas truffles please share your favourite recipes. I am wanting to make a selection of different ones, but there's so many online that it's confusing, and it would be good to know other people's recipes that work out well please :)

samanya, Dec 12, 2:54am
I like these from Jo Seagar

Port & prune truffles
Melt 3 mins in microwave:
375 g chocolate melts 200g butter
Then add:
20 chopped citrus prunes ¼ cup port 3 cups sifted
icing sugar

Mix until smooth. Chill in fridge until ready to
roll into teaspoon balls. Place on tinfoil lined
tray and chill in freezer. Then dip in melted
chocolate.
I soak the prunes in the port for a few hours or overnight, first.
I usually make them in a bowl over boiling water, rather than a microwave. They freeze well & I dip them in chocolate while frozen.

maribelle, Dec 12, 3:29am
Ooo thanks Samanya, they sound great :)

just4jess, Dec 12, 3:59am
There are easy ones made with Granny Delicious Icing Mix.

maribelle, Dec 12, 4:36am
wow, thank you. I would never have thought of that. First item on search I found is Baileys truffles made with this. yummmm :)

pure.blonde, Dec 12, 4:45am
At the weekend I ripped out a recipe from a newspaper for Ginger Truffles which sounded yummy - I haven't had time to make them yet but when I do I will let you know.

thitryfiver, Dec 12, 4:54am
Chocolate peppermint truffles
2 pkts choc thins
1TB cocoa
1 TB icing sugar
1 can condensed milk
1 tsp peppermint essence
Coconut for rolling
Crush biscuits in processor, with cocoa & icing sugar, put into bowl, add peppermint essence mixed with condensed milk, I tip little con milk into biscuits, then add the essence to can & give a stir .
Mix all well , then form into small balls & roll in coconut.
Keep in fridge.

autumnwinds, Dec 12, 4:56am
These are always both quick and reliable.

Mint Slice / Tim-Tam / Toffee Pop Truffles
2 x 200g-250g packets chocolate biscuits (see note below)
250g cream cheese.
Whiz the biscuits and cream cheese together in a food processor, then roll the mixture into balls. Roll the balls in chocolate hail or coconut, or freeze them, then dip them in melted chocolate.

Note: Use biscuits of choice e.g. Mint (or other flavour) Slice, Tim Tams, or Toffee Pops. :-))

cgvl, Dec 12, 5:32am
My niece makes these and suggests if using the mint biscuits to use a plain biscuit as well. She finds the all mint ones a bit overwhelming. They are really yum and don't last very long at all.

thitryfiver, Dec 12, 6:09am
Chocolate peppermint truffles
The recipe should have 2TB cocoa & 2 TB icing sugar, I make double recipe to use whole can of condensed milk & forgot to double these 2 ingredients.

nauru, Dec 12, 7:36am
Would you post the recipe please, they sound right up our street as we love anything with ginger.

pure.blonde, Dec 12, 8:35am
CHOCOLATE AND GINGER TRUFFLES

1 pkt Gingernut Biscuits
4 Tbspn Brandy
1/2 tsp Ground GInger
1/2 tsp Fresh Ginger, minced
1/2 cup Icing Sugar
1 cup Desiccated Coconut
250g Cream Cheese
300g Chocolate

Crush the Biscuits and mix with the Brandy, Ground Ginger, Minced GInger, Icing Sugar and Coconut.

In a separate bowl beat the Cream Cheese until soft, then add to the biscuit mixture. Combine and roll into balls, then chill until they harden.

Melt the chocolate, then coat the chilled Truffles.

samanya, Dec 12, 10:42pm
These are good & quick to make . I love them with peppermint creams as the base.

fifie, Nov 22, 3:07am
Made the ginger truffles, and white chocolate with pistachio nuts from here today for a change, very yummy.