Aussie Masterchef

Page 2 / 2
slimgym, Jul 7, 6:01pm
I liked the look of the grain salad looked good. Don't want to go looking for recipe.

Did you notice the guy on the balcony lending on the lady, didn't look good.

slimgym, Jul 7, 6:01pm
To me it just looks like they ticked all the boxes

rainrain1, Jul 7, 7:53pm
I did, something going on huh? I bet some of those sports people went into a steak shop on the way home and had a decent feed

coolnzmum, Jul 8, 11:09pm
I want to try Maggie Bears apple tart but need a substitute for her verjuice.

davidt4, Jul 8, 11:40pm
The closest substitute would be a mixture of cloudy apple juice or white grape juice, and cider vinegar, in equal parts.

cadmus, Jul 10, 12:42am
You don't seem to get it. They are selling advertising for their sponsors and the TV station. While a show like this has ratings nothing will change.

rainrain1, Jul 10, 2:17am
Get what?

socram, Jul 10, 2:45am
I understand that, but the balance seems somewhat skewed from the actual demographics.

cadmus, Jul 10, 3:42am
They (The Masterchef show) are selling advertising for their sponsors and the TV station. While a show like this has ratings nothing will change.

Have you any idea how the prizes and locations are paid for ?

g14us, Jul 11, 5:57am
White wine vinegar with about a teaspoon of castor sugar to 100ml works well. And her recipe itself works well too except that I cheated and used just one sheet of Countdown/Essentials ready rolled puff pastry. I truly did not expect it to stay together when I turned it over but I have made it twice now and bang on each time

rainrain1, Jul 11, 6:26am
You're telling the story

kaddiew, Jul 12, 9:48pm
I see The Crumb/Soil is alive and well again this season. Why?

maplekiwi1, Jul 12, 11:15pm
I know I said I wasn't going to comment but. I thought that guy's lamington inspired dish looked really unappetising - as did the one that sent the maker home.

kaddiew, Jul 13, 5:59am
I didn't see who went home, but I agree, his lamington-inspired mess was. a mess.

rainrain1, Jul 13, 9:44pm
Nigella is quite small really, she looks more buxom on her own cooking shows. maybe she's been on the treadmill.

samanya, Jul 13, 10:49pm
I thought the same . she looks great & way more natural in her manner than I've seen her before & I liked her encouragement to the contestants.

duckmoon, Jul 14, 3:24am
she has lost a heap of weight. IMHO (which doesn't really matter) too much

spike_01, Jul 14, 7:05pm
Denise went home.

slimgym, Jul 15, 2:40pm
does anyone else get sick of the way these adult people gush over the chefs, I get really embarrassed the way they carry on.

Again we are only seeing 5 then one of them goes and they bring in another one, ben seems to be nice

maplekiwi1, Jul 15, 7:20pm
I imagination they are following directions. I get a bit sick of the manipulation of the contestants. They are living in a glass bubble,so faux sympathy from the judges has them crying & spilling their guts on TV.

lou-ie, Jul 16, 1:26am
That Adele aye? Talk about dodging bullets.

lou-ie, Jul 19, 9:10am
There she goes. IMO should have gone last week instead of Denise. Next off or hopefully shortly is the woman who looks like she used to model. I think she is flying on the seat of her pants as well. Looks frazzled whenever the pressure is on.

So far liking Chloe, think she has some excellent potential. And calm. Who is this years Tamara?

maplekiwi1, Jul 19, 7:18pm
Even though Denise had way more potential than Adele, & even though stuffing up something as simple as corn fritters was embarrassing I still think the judges made the right choice. Denise's offering was inedible.

As soon as the judges said there was no chocolate in that cookie dough thing I knew it was (finally) Adele's time to go.

Well done to Chloe for putting up 4 good dishes in 75 minutes. Any easier challenges they always give an unfair amount of time.

socram, Jul 24, 10:22am
She has always looked great and is a great advert for chocolate - and not just Whittakers either!

She is one of that small group of very unpretentious celebrity cooks/chefs who is a delight to both watch and listen to.

As soon as I see a chef wielding tweezers, I'm totally switched off.