Ultimate Chicken Pie recipe.

samanya, Aug 7, 3:18am
bumping for gerry

gerry64, Aug 7, 3:37am
Thank you samanya - yes it would havr been out of a Next magazine - I used to buy them regularly

tjman, May 27, 12:20am
Hi all. Does anyone have the recipe for Ultimate chicken pie. It was along time ago. Not sure if it was foodtown mag or not but I cant find it. It was cooked in a deep springform pan and had mushrooms, chicken, spinach and cheese. On the base was sliced potatoes. Help please.

herself, May 27, 4:00am
3 sheets ready rolled puff pastry 2 chicken breasts
4 rashers bacon 200g mushrooms
1 Tbsp oil good pinch ground cumin
1 Tbsp chopped fresh herbs 1 bunch spinach
3 cooked potatoes - skin on or off 1 - 1.5 cups grated cheese
Milk or beaten egg to glaze (cheddar, edam, colby or gouda)
Preheat oven to 200ºC & place a baking tray inside.
Line baking tin with pastry (they use a spring form) & a good idea cos it's a deep pie.
Cut chicken into 3cm cubes & cook chicken, bacon& mushrooms over fairly high heat for 5 mins & season well with cumin & chopped herbs.
Wash spinach, discard stalks & cook in only the water clinging, until just wilted & drain well.
Put 1cm slices potato on the bottom, then chicken mixture, spinach layer & then cheese
You can season with S & P if you like
Put pastry top on with an air vent glaze & bake @ 200ºC for 30 -35 minutes until golden brown.
This one from Next Magazine?

samanya, May 27, 4:10am
ha ha, you just beat me to it, herself .
I copied the much longer version from the magazine, but you prèce'd it very well (& saved yourself some typing)

herself, May 27, 4:18am
I cannot take the credit for the shortened version. I found it here on TM I think, but can't remember who posted it. So cheers to the unknown poster for saving me a lot of work. Just hope it is the recipe that OP is looking for. :-)

samanya, May 27, 4:23am
I'm pretty sure it is . I tore the page out of a Next magazine & it's called "the Ultimate Chicken Pie"

tjman, Sep 19, 8:46am
Thank you all so much.