Anyone make Ciabatta bread ?

beaker59, Jan 4, 12:11am
Best Ciabatta, I have been making this for years its easy and really nice :)

pickles7, Jan 12, 9:08am
Thank you. bobcat_6. I will look at giving the microwave recipe a try. I will say how I got on with it when I make it.

harrislucinda, Jan 12, 9:44am
enjoy

pickles7, Dec 2, 12:13am
I have been making it for a while now, it take two days. I did see someone on here who uses a bread maker, but I cannot find the thread now. can anyone remember who it was ? is, maybe a better word.

korbo, Dec 2, 1:30am
No, don't make my own, but do buy it occassionally. Love it with my poached eggs.
As I have a breadmaker, would love a recipe.

valentino, Dec 2, 3:22am
Pickles, have used this recipe a few times and my hands are not they use to be so ended up only 2/3 of recipe (note in brackets 2/3 amount), in dough only setting in the breadmaker and works great.

• Ciabatta. makes 4 (3)loaves.
6.5 (4.125) Cups All purpose Flour (can use 1-2 cups wholemeal mixed in)
3 (2) cups Warm water
1.5 (1) tbsp Yeast
1.5 (1) tbsp Salt
Place all in "big" plastic tub and mix well. Cover and place in warm spot for 3-4 hours and then into fridge. Following day, using floured hands, remove and place into smaller sealable container which will keep fine in fridge for 2 weeks.
For a loaf, prepare a slide with smeared olive oil and a sprinkling of corn meal. Using some flour, pull/cut off a 1/4 portion.
Don't handle too much but stretch out the base for about a minute, form into loaf shape and place on the prepared tray. Cut a shallow cross across the top, sprinkle of flour and into oven. 35mins - 210c
Tap the top to see if it sounds hollow.
I have made one with whizzed up sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and fresh rosemary. mixed through the flour before adding the warm water. Lovely with lots of butter.

pickles7, Dec 2, 3:58am
Thank you . valentine, but I found a smaller recipe on line. I cannot cut and paste it so will move it and try again. Or rather find a site I can past from the same recipe crops up in several sites. So much for the folk who shot me down so many times over the years. lol. I will go now and try and get one

pickles7, Dec 2, 4:02am
Ciabatta bread made in the bread maker.
1 1/2 cups water
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon white sugar
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 1/4 cups (450g) bread flour
1 1/2 teaspoons bread machine yeast . sure bake yeast is the right yeast for this recipe. The jar with the yeast food in with the yeast.

Directions
Preparation:45min › Cook:45min › Extra time:45min rising › Ready in:2hours15min
1.Place ingredients in the pan of the bread machine in the order suggested by the manufacturer. Select the Dough cycle, and Start.
2.Dough will be quite sticky and wet once cycle is completed, resist the temptation to add more flour. Place dough on a lightly floured board, cover with a large bowl, and let rest for 15 minutes.
3.Lightly flour or use baking paper lined oven trays. Divide into 2 pieces, and form each into a 10x35cm oval. Place loaves on prepared trays, dimple surface, and lightly flour. Cover, and let rise in a draft free place for approximately 45 minutes.
4.Preheat oven to 220 degrees C.
5.Dimple dough for a second time, and then place loaves in the oven, positioned on the middle shelf. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. During baking, spritz loaves with water every 5 to 10 minutes for a crispier crust.
Yaaaa! I will make it in the morning and post a pic.

harrislucinda, Dec 2, 4:10am
i make mine in bread maker then microwave

pickles7, Dec 3, 4:17am
Bother it, I am having a job posting a pic. I will say the recipe I found on the net is very good. Not as good as the bread that is made over two days. I would be up for making it again for sure.

pickles7, Dec 19, 7:04am
I have altered this recipe a bit and got better results.

Ciabatta bread made in the bread maker.
1 1/2 cups water xxxx 1 cup cold 1/2 cup boiling water. mixed before adding to the dry ingredients.
1 teaspoons salt xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx was 1&1/2 teaspoons
1 & 1/2 teaspoon white sugar xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx was 1 teaspoon
1 tablespoon olive oil xxxxxxx I use the old Tablespoon, it is probably 1 teaspoon more than the new measuring spoon.
3 1/4 cups (450g) bread flour
1 1/2 teaspoons bread machine yeast . sure bake yeast is the right yeast for this recipe. The jar with the yeast food in with the yeast.

I also leave the dough in the bread maker for 30 minutes, as the warmth really gets things moving along, shape it into 2 loaves, rise the bread in a warm oven, then remove bread to heat the oven . Bake 20 to 25 minutes. I also put a 1/2 cup of water in a tray on the bottom of the oven and spray water onto the loaves twice during baking.

pickles7, Dec 24, 3:59am
Never tried that myself but maybe worth a go one of these days.

harrislucinda, Dec 24, 4:23am
have you the recipe can put it up when xmas calmed down

pickles7, Dec 24, 5:48am
I would love another recipe for that Ciabatta bread. I would love to know a bit more about the way you microwave yours.

marcs, Dec 24, 6:05am
I make Paul Hollywoods ciabatta. It is very nice. You will need to google or youtube it. It is left to proof all day so intent on mixing it early in the morning and baking in the evening.

harrislucinda, Jan 15, 2:03am
BREAD MAKER CIABATTA BREAD
350 MLS water 1 1/2 tsp salt 1 tsp brown sugar 1 tlbsp olive oil 500 grm flour 2 1/2 tsp bread yeast
place all ingrd in bread maker under dough setting
dough will be sticky so dont add more flour
lightly flour 2 pieces of baking paper put half dough on each shape into oblong about 2 .5 cm thick
place each piece in microwave cook on high for 15 sec
set oven to 220 deg once dough has rested for 10 min repeat each piece for 15 sec dimple the surface back 20 to 25 min
can add glass water while cooking to make crisp