Cream horns.

quiz3, May 11, 12:57am
I am looking to buy Cream Horns (without cream at this stage ) . Would anyone out there know of a maker, distributor etc ?
Yes I could make my own but not this week.!
So if you do know someone, somewhere I would really appreciate a reply.
Have tried Gilmours, etc but no luck there. Thanks.

jan2242, May 11, 2:13am
Maybe ask your local bakery, they might do them for you?

mouse265, May 11, 10:28am
yarrows in manaia stock them

petmacorpltd, May 11, 10:33am
I know you don't want to make them but I am just saying that I make them all the time and you can make them, cream them and store them in the freezer for later use and they are perfect. I would gladly make them for you but you are a bit far away!

slimgym, May 11, 5:08pm
I make them and store them in the freezer too, I was wondering about creaming them as well. Thanks for the tip, do you put anything in the cream? icing sugar?

quiz3, May 11, 10:00pm
petmacorpltd Thankyou for the reply, wish you were here! Yes I may just get around to making some oneday, surely it can't be that hard!
Go well, Cheers.

quiz3, May 11, 10:02pm
Thankyou too mouse265, I will keep that outlet in mind.
Cheers,

retired, May 12, 12:20am
I beat cream and use a teaspoon of vanilla instant pudding whipped in. Stops the cream 'sagging' and also flavours.

clydris, May 12, 12:53am
How many are you wanting? There’s the cafe in Sanson that’s famous for them (vivs kitchen?), could give them a call and see if they’d do a batch of shells for you.

quiz3, May 12, 10:09am
Thanks clydris.

bella95, May 12, 4:26pm
Good tip. Thanks retired.

motorbo, May 12, 10:15pm
viv`s kitchen in sanson makes them to sell in th cafe but she night do via courier

petmacorpltd, May 13, 9:54am
Oh yes I use the vanilla instant pudding as well -serves as a stabiliser for the cream. I use the cream/vanilla pud mix for rolled pavs as well.

lynja, May 13, 6:50pm
I have tried without great success to make these. My pastry shrunk and some unraveled. All and all a bit of a disaster. Any tips would be gratefully received petmacorpltd. What sort of pastry etc?

bella95, Sep 23, 8:42am
You have to be VERY careful not to unknowingly stretch the pastry because it will shrink back. My Mum used to make hers with ready made flakey pastry. I think you dampen the edges so they don't unravel. I inherited my Mum's cream horn cases but never thought to ask her how she made them.