Anyone got a good afghan biscuit recipe pls?

dibble35, Jul 6, 6:18am
I've made the Edmonds recipe a few times and its OK, but i've had some much better afghans than that over the years. TIA

rainrain1, Jul 6, 7:18am
Edmonds book is the best recipe I have ever made, I don't go past it now>

It makes a bakers dozen exactly!

bebe24, Jul 6, 9:57am
I agree rainrain1 the Edmonds recipe is good and no fail.

dibble35, Jul 6, 9:19pm
Ok, maybe it was just me. will try making them again, making peanut butter choc chip biscuits and afghans to take into work on tuesday, havnt taken any baking in for ages and as its my b' day thought i'd better.

kaddiew, Jul 6, 10:23pm
Can you tell me where I'd find your peanut butter choc chip biscuit recipe? And happy birthday! Thanks.

rainrain1, Jul 6, 10:46pm
The mixture is quite moist, just put a good size blob on tray, and flatten slightly with your fingers

dibble35, Jul 7, 1:12am
Thank you. Heres the recipe, I did find it online years ago. We had a lady that used to sell homemade biscuits at our work, loved her P.B. choc chip ones, but she wouldnt give me the recipe. fair enough. Anyway I found it online one day when I went hunting. but cant find it now.
1 C peanut butter (260 gm)
1 egg
3/4 C brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
85gm dark choc chips
(Yes recipe is correct. no flour)
Preheat oven to 180*C
Combine P.B. egg, Br. sugar and B.Soda in a bowl, mix well, add choc, stir to combine.
Line a baking tray with baking paper. Using hands shape teaspoonfuls of mix into balls and place on tray about 5 cm apart, they do spread quite flat.
Bake for 10 mins until lightly browned on top. Allow to sit on the tray for a few mins before removing to a cooling rack. This allows them to firm up a bit.

wildflower, Aug 8, 2:44am
I found Alison Gofton's afghan recipe better than the Edmonds one for me; it seems to be pretty foolproof (and I'm a fool!)