Microwave Grill oven

gaimon, May 19, 4:35am
I would be interested if anyone has one of these and your thoughts.
Is it worth the extra dollars to have the grill function?
Many thanks.

paulie104, May 19, 4:58am
I don't use the grill much on mine , but use the convection oven all the time. I love it. Mind you there is only me.

fifie, May 19, 6:43am
Two of us, love my sharp one. Use the convection oven all the time, hardly use the grill only for cheèse on toast etc. Only thing i dont like with mine is the microwave is 800watt my old one was 1200 wt. Mine has a weight defrost function, which is good for defrosting meat etc if i forget to take it out of the freezer.

gpg58, May 19, 6:55am
Yes.
Go more dollars, you can get steam too.
But as your only microwave? - debatable as usually combos, are lower power on microwave only, so slower when using only that function.

cosimo, May 19, 6:56am
I got my first combination cooker back in the 80s. And until it died recently, I still had a convection microwave oven which baked and grilled superbly. But I didn't use it except for microwaving after getting a gas oven and cook top. So my advice is it depends on how much you like your other cookers.

gaimon, May 20, 1:55am
Thanks for your replies. I'm still undecided. lol

unknowndisorder, May 20, 4:11am
What are you wanting out of it?

I don't use the grill often, the microwave and convection side of things get hammered. My husband commented at one stage that I barely used the big oven.

I still use the big oven sometimes, but not so much.

Oh, I have a Panasonic.

fifie, May 20, 6:27am
if its any help using my combo little oven has dropped the power bill down quite a bit. But its small, and probably not work if your cooking for a large family.

gaimon, May 21, 3:57am
Panasonic it is then.
Thanks again.

amasser, May 21, 6:27am
Probably not. Depends on what you want to grill and how often. Other appliances could be used.

pickles7, May 28, 10:33pm
I just bought a 1100 wt. Sharp mic. conv. grill, and love it.

fifie, Sep 12, 6:52pm
Good one pickles, they are great eh! Love mine to. Hardly use big oven, only when the kids arrive and i have to cook bigger meals.