Chelsea Winters fried chicken

kara101, Oct 23, 12:36am
Does anyone have this recipe at all? I hear it is really nice and wanted to try it out.

samanya, Oct 23, 12:54am
x1

kara101, Oct 23, 1:54am
No don't think so it also looks super yummy thank you

rainrain1, Oct 23, 6:56am
You should buy her book :)))

kay34, Oct 23, 7:23am
the buffalo chicken burgers are yumm to!

sooseque, Oct 23, 9:01am
x2
Chelsea Fried Chicken
1kg boneless chicken thighs (skin on is delicious)
2 cups milk
1 onion roughly chopped
4 cloves garlic crushed
1tbsp lemon juice
Flour mix
2.5 cups plain flour
1/4 cup milk powder (optional)
2 tbsp salt
1 tbsp ground black pepper
1 tbsp ground white pepper
2 tsp ground ginger
2 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp ground allspice
2 - 3 cups rice bran or grape seed oil for frying
Add the chicken, milk, onion, garlic and lemon juice to large non metallic bowl, cover and refrigerate overnight. Take your largest mixing bowl add the flour, milk powder if using, salt and all the spices, stir with fork or whisk to combine. Take a piece of chicken from the milk mixture - it’s meant to be still dripping with milk and dredge in seasoned flour to coat, squash it around to get nice rough textured surface, transfer to a plate and repeat with remaining chicken. Preheat oven to 60°C fan bake if you want to keep the cooked pieces warm while you fry the rest. Line an oven tray with paper towels. Heat oil I. Large saucepan over medium high heat (it should be 5 - 7cm deep) if you have a cooking thermometer 160° or test temp by dropping a cube of bread into oil, it should turn golden brown in 25 - 30 seconds. When oil is at temperature add chicken a few pieces at a time, don’t crowd the pan, cook 5 mins or so until dark golden brown all over and cooked through. Drain excess oil and place on oven tray, transfer to oven. Serve with aioli, mayo, sauce or just by itself.

timturtle, Oct 23, 9:11am
Why is it good ?

melford, Oct 24, 2:50am
Seems a lot of salt and pepper - is the recipe right?

awoftam, Oct 24, 6:09am
x1
Personally I don't think it's a lot for the amount of chicken, and the fact that it's fried. There are heaps of great fried chicken recipes online

sooseque, Oct 24, 7:22am
x1
Yes that’s correct

rainrain1, Oct 24, 7:36pm
x1
I likes it

kara101, Oct 28, 1:03am
x1
Thank you very much

rarogal, Oct 30, 6:27am
x1
I've got three of her books and cook dinner regularly from them, haven't had a dud recipe yet

joybells2, Dec 9, 9:17am
x1
I found it a bit tasteless, needs more flavour added