Master Chef

waswoods, Feb 10, 7:42am
Did anyone watch? I'm not sure I would have been able to fillet that salmon

cookessentials, Feb 10, 7:46am
Yes, I watched. Looks like the knives were Stevens own brand made in China LOL, that would not have helped.

markkirsty, Feb 10, 8:56am
Were they actual filleting knives? I didn't see. It was such a good episode tonight. I was screaming at the telly saying I would love a go at that, where the bloody hell do I sign up for the next one? ! But... ... . I wish to god that guy with the designer stubble who pouts all the time, (yes I have the passion to be on Master Chef, pout) that one with the excess hair product in his forelock, yes anyway for god's sake cut and wash your hair so it doesn't go in the food man! ! ! Almost as much of a health risk as the dude who plated up on the raw duck fillet plate! And I love the wee girl from Nelson!

duckmoon, Feb 10, 10:27am
I saw that Stevens' knives where part of the prize... Most of the prize I got excited about, but not the knives.

cookessentials, Feb 10, 6:13pm
Stevens is a MAJOR sponsor, they have contributed HUGE amounts of money to help get the programme off the ground, so I suppose, they get to do what they like! I would not be happy with the knives or the pans of their's or anything with their brand. Good to see they are using the Infinite Circulon pans, they are fabulous. I am sure if the contestants had a good sharp filleting knofe, they may have made a better job. I have never filleted a whole salmon either, but would certainly give it a go if required. I usually buy my salmon filleted.

spongeypud, Feb 10, 7:40pm
I missed the beginning, did they say where they were? The hangar and the trees look like it might be Hobsonville airbase, there's money riding on this one in our house lol.

waswoods, Feb 10, 8:50pm
I think it was Hobsonville airbase ... . somewhere near Auckland?

And even my teenage boys know not to serve cooked meat on the same plate as the raw meat was on

duckmoon, Feb 10, 11:15pm
I think the Carlos is a great character, but hasn't got it as a cook

cookessentials, Feb 10, 11:23pm
Yes, I am sure it is Hobsonville airbase. You know there is a Masterchef NZ page on Facebook? you can become a fan and join the blogs on there.

spongeypud, Feb 11, 5:47am
Saw Facebook today, but not interested enough to join. Cooked meat served on the plate that had raw meat, gives you the willies a bit doesn't it? Thanks for the verification of the sight.
I'm in the money... ...

waswoods, Feb 11, 7:47am
So do we get a share? Lol

gojojo2, Feb 11, 9:24am
Final is filmed at Castor Bay at Seeby Woodhouse's property. Am I alone but doesn;t Ray McVinnie look tragic? What's with his hair, earrings. glasses for an old fella?

spongeypud, Feb 11, 8:45pm
How far does $20 go these days? ?

fmgirl, Feb 11, 8:50pm
I'm starting to love it - think the contestants are better on tele than Ray McVinnie could he be any more wooden.
I liked the Aussie one when it got down to the last few chefs too - the whole selection process is cringe worthy.
I thought Ross could do better he's been on tele heaps.

jan2242, Feb 11, 10:34pm
recipes are here
http://tvnz.co.nz/masterchefnz-recipes/3339014

lythande1, Feb 12, 1:34am
Pretty lame really. They get some pots and stuff. And a book.
Not much of a career boost though compared to the UK Masterchef prize.

fmgirl, Feb 12, 1:49am
UK Masterchef don't get any prizes - only a trophy

gaba1, Feb 12, 2:46am
I hope something useful was done with the carnage they left! What a waste of salmon if they didn't.

ferita, Feb 12, 2:47am
Nigel is a friend of mine

fmgirl, Feb 12, 3:18am
Probably used in next weeks taste test

waswoods, Aug 5, 8:07am
Lol! Enjoy it