Ginger kisses recipe?

ange164, Dec 4, 10:50pm
Hello. Does anyone have a tried and true recipe for ginger kisses that have a texture and taste much like the bought ones?

malcovy, Dec 4, 11:37pm
Alison Holst has a recipe and unfortunately I am unable to post it. I made these years ago and absolutely delicious.
Googled for you http://www.mrscake.co.nz/2010/05/baking-blitz-ginger-kisses.html

autumnwinds, Dec 5, 12:27am
This is Annabel White's recipe, now on the Bite recipe site. It appears to have been published in the NZWW.

Baileys Ginger Kisses
22/3/2013 Annabelle White
A classic Kiwi baker’s delight with an Irish twist! Makes 24 kisses.
Ingredients
40 g Unsalted butter
½ cup Caster sugar
1 Tbsp Golden syrup
225 g Flour
1 tsp Baking powder
1 tsp Cinnamon
2 Eggs, beaten
1 tsp Ground ginger
1 to dust Icing sugar

Irish Butter Cream
150 g Unsalted butter, softened
300 g Icing sugar
1 Tbsp Baileys Irish Cream

Directions
1. Preheat the oven to 190C on fan bake. Grease and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
2. Cream the butter and sugar in an electric mixer until light and pale. Add golden syrup.
3. In a separate bowl sift all the dry ingredients.
4. Gradually add the beaten eggs to the butter mix, alternating with the dry ingredients. Mix well to combine.
5. Roll teaspoons of the dough into balls and press down gently onto the prepared trays.
6. Bake for 8 minutes or until golden. Cool completely.
7. For the Irish butter cream, combine the ingredients. Sandwich together the kisses with the butter cream.
Cook’s tip
You can also fill these with whipped cream mixed with a little Baileys. Preparing ahead is best, as these kisses need to soften in the fridge for the best results.

To see a pic, go here:
http://www.bite.co.nz/recipe/8705/Baileys-ginger-kisses/

ange164, Dec 5, 5:49am
Thank you both. I had found the "bite" ones. I was seeking the reassurance that a recipe from someone in here would get shop-like results before wasting ingredients.

autumnwinds, Nov 26, 9:04pm
well, I CAN reassure you on that - the Bite ones, of Annbelle White's, are "just like a bought one - only even better. :). Go for it!