Made some dry bitter chocolate cookies.

mazzy1, Dec 29, 1:19am
Practically inedible in their current state (shows how often I try to bake anything!) and I wondered if I could turn them into a dessert. Was thinking of making a chocolate ganache or something like that. Any other ideas?

davidt4, Dec 29, 1:27am
A version of bread & butter pudding would work, and would be good served cool. For 10 medium sized cookies, arrange them in a wide oven proof dish, whisk 3 eggs with 1/2 c brown sugar until frothy. Heat 500 ml of whole milk (or a mixture of cream and milk) until scalding, whisk into egg mixture. Pour over cookies and leave to soak for about 30 minutes. Bake in a low oven, around 140 C, for about 40 minutes or until just set but still slightly wobbly.

I would add some brandy, rum or Bourbon to the egg mixture, maybe 2 tab.

mazzy1, Dec 29, 1:42am
That sounds interesting! Might give that a try :-)

nauru, Dec 29, 6:05am
You could crumb them and make into a fudge slice or make truffles. I've done this in the past.

aisling8, Dec 29, 7:44am
Yes. As above. I have done this too. At the cafe where I work we do the same with the slice ends and odd biscuits. You never get the same taste twice. The truffles are good dipped in chocolate.

mazzy1, Dec 29, 10:11am
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I wound up covering them with a chocolate ganache and serving them with Green Tea icecream and got the big thumbs up from my darling husband :-)

marcs, Nov 9, 9:08pm
I would blend the into crumbs. You can then add sugar if you need it sweetened. Use the crumbs for pie bases, cheesecake, make things like rum balls or apricot balls or cake balls. Can also use in a slice that requires crushed biscuits. Dark chocolate apricot slice comes to mind or peppermint slice.