Need recipe for a nice choc dipping sauce

dibble35, Dec 14, 8:47pm
Preferably one that will stay at a dippable consistency when room temp, or one I can re heat with no fear of it separating or anything silly like that. I've google it but there are so many different recipes and i'm not sure which type would be nicest. Will be dipping fresh and dried fruits, eskimos, pretzel sticks etc. TIA

valentino, Dec 14, 9:10pm
Sounds like you need one of "Fondue" things where whatever is in it is kept warm and syrupy - like. Then just do a liquidfy ganache.

This is from TM of old.
Choc Fudge Sauce

Melt 1 tin of sweetened condensed milk, 1/2 cup of brown sugar, 2 Tblsp cocoa, 1 tsp vanilla, 75 grams of butter, and 2 cups of sifted icing sugar. Use hot. Very rich, not for everyday use.

valentino, Dec 14, 9:11pm
Now here is a selection from the TM Cooks website.

Chocolate sauce
4TS water, 2TS sugar, 2TS golden Syrup, 2DS cocoa, 2DS butter - put in a pot, bring till just boiling and serve
posted by cates07

Chocolate Coating for Ice Cream
1/2 cup icing sugar 3 tbsp cocoa sifted 125g Kremelta 1 tsp vanilla or five drops of peppermint essence Sift icing sugar and cocoa into a small basin. Melt Copha over a low heat, gradually stir into icing sugar, stir until smooth. Stir in vanilla or peppermint essence. Coating can be used immediately. When coating is cold, it will set; stand container in hot water to melt coating to a runny consistency again. Coating can be stored in a jar in the cupboard; it is not necessary to refrigerate. To use Coating, pour into basin deep enough for dipping ice-cream cones. Place scoops of ice cream firmly into cones and quickly dip ice-cream into coating; it will set immediately. Or you can simply spoon over ice cream if liked. posted by juppy

Easiest chocolate sauce
Take equal measures sugar, water and dark cocoa powder. About 100 ml of each is enough for 4 people. Whisk together and let simmer for a few minutes on the stove (or reduce for a bit longer if you want a thicker sauce). Delicious, cheap, and above all: so easy as to be foolproof! This keeps for a long time in the fridge and can be reheated. This sauce stays runny when cooled. It thickens if you keep it in the fridge, but if you stir it it'll go runny again posted by pam.delilah

Chocolate Fondue Sauce for serving with fruit etc
Ganache: Heat 100mls cream to boiling point then stir in 100g chocolate. Continue stirring until completely smooth. Keep warm in fondue. This is the all time best special treat in my family! posted by helen59

Chocolate Sauce
1 cup boiling water, 1/2 cup sugar, 2oz butter, 1 heaped dsp cornflour in 1/2 cup water, 1 dsp cocoa dissolved in 1/2 cup boiling water. Boil together and add 1 tsp vanilla. Lovely over ice-cream. posted by glenys21

Chocolate Sauce
300mls cream,375gms chocolate melts microwave or use double boiler and heat until melted.Stir often.

Fudge Sauce
Good for icecream,combine and boil approx 10 mins 1/2 cup cocoa,2 tablespoons butter,1/2 cup water,1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar,2 cups sugar,stir often to prevent sticking and burning, cook until thick. above 2 posted by flo16

Chocolate Sauce:
Place in a microwave jug: 200gms chocolate and 1/2 cup milk. Heat on high for 1 minute and stir. then heat till the chocolate has melted - it will still look whole. Stir together and serve. We use Dairy Milk chocolate - however any chocolate can be used: dark, peppermint cream, caramello, etc. etc. Enjoy!
posted by juliewn

Old family favourite
Mix 1 half tab flour, half c sugar, 1 tab cocoa and 1/3 c water together. slowly bring to boil stirring constantly. remove from heat and stir in pinch salt, 1/4 tsp vanilla and 1 tab butter mixture can be doubled easily and its very yummy hot or cold posted by vivz2

Chocolate Sauce (Very easy-to-make-Smooth Sauce)
1 cup cocoa sifted, ½ cup sugar, ½ cup glucose syrup, 1 cup water and 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla essence. Combine cocoa and sugar in medium saucepan. Stir in glucose syrup and water. Heat stirring constantly until boiling then lower the heat to simmer for say 3 ½ minutes. Remove from heat, add vanilla and stir. Makes about 2 cups.
posted by valentino

valentino, Dec 14, 9:12pm
Continued.

Mars Chocolate Sauce
from a recipe for Pears with Mars Chocolate Sauce in a Mars Bar leaflet. 3 MARS Bars (roughly chopped), 1/2 cup water, 1/4 tsp instant coffee powder, 1-2 tsp pear liquid or rum (optional). Place MARS Bars in saucepan with water and coffee powder. Stir over low heat until MARS Bars are melted and sauce is smooth. Remove from heat and add pear liquid or rum. Leave to cool. This sauce may be used as a topping on your favourite sweet and is also delicious mixed with milk as a chocolate drink. :-) posted by 245sam

Chocolate Coating for Ice Cream goes hard
1/2 C icing sugar 3 T cocoa 125 gm Kremelta or Copha 1 t vanilla Sift icing sugar and cocoa into small bowl. Melt Kremelta over low heat, gradually stir into icing sugar until smooth. Add vanilla. Coating can be used immediately. Makes 3/4 C.
posted by katalin2

chocolate sauce
2tbs cornflour, 1/4 cup cocoa, cold water, cup hot water, 1/4 cup caster sugar, 25gm butter, 1 tsp vanilla. In a saucepan mix the cornflour and the cocoa in enough cold water to make a smooth paste. Stir in the hot water, sugar and butter. Stir over a gentle heat until it comes to a boil and thickens, add the vanilla. Cool and store in the fridge.
posted by pam.delilah

Chocolate Sauce
1 tab butter, 1 tab gold syrup, 1 tsp van ess, 2 tabs cocoa, 1 cup hot water, 1/2 cup sugar. Chuck all in pot, stir till boiling, make up a mix of cornflour/water and add while stirring to thicken to desired consistency, cool or serve warm. This is better than buying it because most will have above ingred in pantry to whip up on a whim! Nice on profiteroles, ice cream, banana split, sundaes, the list is endless. With 5 of us, I'm ashamed to say I double it. :o)
posted by jenna68

valentino, Dec 14, 9:16pm
Now to pick one is basically thinking of what you really prefer but there is one that is the last one in post #3 and then jenna68's in post #4, once again the last one.

dibble35, Dec 15, 3:28am
My Goodness Valentino, you've been busy! Thanks so much for posting those recipes, I like the sound of these 2 below, but unsure if they are re heatable. That one of Jenna68's looks nice and simple and yes I would have all those ingredients in my pantry so may have to do a practice run on that before the big day. Thanks :-)
Chocolate Fondue Sauce for serving with fruit etc
Ganache: Heat 100mls cream to boiling point then stir in 100g chocolate. Continue stirring until completely smooth. Keep warm in fondue. This is the all time best special treat in my family! posted by helen59

Chocolate Sauce:
Place in a microwave jug: 200gms chocolate and 1/2 cup milk. Heat on high for 1 minute and stir. then heat till the chocolate has melted - it will still look whole. Stir together and serve. We use Dairy Milk chocolate - however any chocolate can be used: dark, peppermint cream, caramello, etc. etc. Enjoy!
posted by juliewn

valentino, Dec 15, 3:39am
Sounds like you have looked at the right ones to suit you, great.
I did not read you OP carefully enough, esp if you are re-heating or being kept heated.

Cheers and go for it.

oopie, Nov 21, 5:55am
Equal parts, by weight, cream and chocolate.