Goat curry

Page 1 / 2
sniper03, May 3, 6:54am
Hit me with your best recipes please.Have been given some and love the idea of a nice curry what with this horrible weather.Cheers!

sarahb5, May 3, 7:04am
Any curry recipe that uses lamb can be used for goat

smallwoods, May 3, 9:03am
South African peanut goat curry is to die for.

..james.., May 3, 9:52am
Im preparing one at the mo. Front leg meat cut into small chunks in a glass container rubbed with Biryani spice mix and some other masala thrown in too. I hit all sorts into it with no fear. They all turn out delicious. Asian food shops are the way.
Tomorrow night I will turn this into a deep pot with some warm oil and onions to seal a bit and cook the spices for a few minutes. The add a tin coconut cream. Cook this for a an hour on a simmer and see if the meat is tender. I usually add vegetables to my curries too, but this depends on what you are wanting. Prepare basmati rice of course.

tjman, May 4, 2:12am
Google Gordon Ramsey's recipe it's really nice

rainrain1, May 4, 5:32am
I'd like to try a bit of goooowat, is that how you say it in Welsh?

sniper03, May 4, 5:35am
Yum,thanks everyone :)

westward1, May 5, 3:37am
smallwoods PLEASE don't leave us in suspense, would you share the recipe please luv?

buzzy110, May 5, 4:57am
OP have you googled Jamaican curry goat (not goat curry). I saw a HFW programme which was all about curry goat. It looked amazing. The goat meat is first marinated overnight in the spices and oil, then cooked.

flynn999, May 5, 5:02am
Why don't you eat dog then ? Because goats are just like dogs but have hooves.

westward1, May 5, 5:13am
Flynn999,I thyink I would be truly bored with the cuisine you dish up. Your comment says a thousand words. You are not a very adventurous lass. You stick with your meat and three veg, give me a spicy goat curry any day. By the way, do you eat lamb?

samanya, May 5, 5:26am
That's nice!
I was given a goat leg once & I was farming a few goats at the time for their fibre & I was a big wimp . couldn't bring myself to cook it!

nauru, May 5, 6:55am
The link below is for a very good Jamaican Curry Goat recipe which is very like the Curry Goat I remember eating many times when we lived in Jamaica years ago. There are also some lovely recipes on that website too.
https://cooklikeajamaican.com/new-recipe-curry-goat-video/

beaker59, May 5, 8:54pm
You should try roast goat if you have say a leg that also is well worthwhile.

I use a covered roasting dish slather the leg in garlic butter then lay down a bed of rosemary branches (its why I grow large rosemary bushes :) then add a cup of water, put the lid on and roast at a low heat my FB oven is best about 140 degrees for aprox 4 to 5 hours.

I love my covered roasting dish I got it on special at the supermarket years ago for like 20 bucks its cheap and nasty looking but stainless and really big so it barely fits into the oven but wild game particularly slow cooks it without drying out too much and comes out lovely and succulent.

rainrain1, May 5, 9:18pm
Yea, let's eat children too

beaker59, May 5, 10:42pm
Best not to argue with ignorant people, they will bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

uli, May 6, 2:27am
Nice recipe here:
Goat head curry:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jwQSk9_YbU

buzzy110, May 6, 3:13am
Now that you mention it there are quite a few of those that have both cloven hooves and horns.

twindizzy, May 6, 4:15am
Goat is delicious and makes a fantastic curry. are you 14?

..james.., May 6, 7:31am
Have you or would you actually have a go at doing this one Mrs Uli? Cracking open skulls is quite full on for most people, so to say its a "nice recipe" isn't very nice. Sure it probably tastes very nice and i didn't know you could cook in clay pots like that but i think you are going for a bit of shock factor recommending this. ?

beaker59, May 7, 3:30am
I personally haven't done a goats head they look quite boney to me though its one of the few meat animals whose heads I haven't tried at least part of and cracked a few skulls. Love fish heads (smoked Snapper Heads mmm) and Pig heads, have had beef heads but not cooked one myself have eaten brains from those and sheep and calves. but also consumed a few tounges and cheeks. Heads are a great source of food and were a big part of Kiwi culture too until not that long ago. New Zealand had massive problems with extreme poverty which has only eased since WW2, far far worse than today and with a big export meat market for a big part of our population offal and such things as heads were a staple part of our diet.

3tomany, May 7, 4:24am
Na the goat head is for the dog.

emmbee, May 7, 4:49am
No, dogs eat meat, goats do not!

uli, May 7, 8:33am
No - I did not post it for a "shock factor" - although maybe it needs it to get people who have a "hard time" because they cannot buy the usual fast foods etc because of WINZ restrictions .

Personally I use the tongue and the whatever of the neck I get after killing one of our goats. The rest gets either cooked for the chickens or buried for the next pumpkin crop.

I am sure I would be not happy about teeth or brain or whatever else the boys chopped up there in my curry.

But this a reality. In some countries they cannot afford to "throw things out" as we do. So feel yourselves lucky!

litty2, Sep 25, 10:59am