Garlic sauce

spoon27, Feb 26, 9:16pm
has anyone got a good garlic sauce recipe

spoon27, Feb 26, 9:42pm
thanks i'll make it tommrow

bev00, Apr 11, 9:39am
Got this of an old man years ago(old measurements)Great with steak.
1 GALLON VINEGAR
2X TINS TREACLE
1OZ CLOVES
1OZ CHILLIES
HALF POUND GARLIC
2X TABLESPOONS SALT
1 LD BROWN SUGAR
1 TABLESPOON GROUND GINGER
MINCE GARLIC AND ONIONS,AND MIX EVERYTHING.LET STAND OVER NIGHT.NEXT DAY BOILF FOR AN HOUR,THEN STRAIN.BOTTLE WHEN LUKE WARM.iTS WORTH THE MUCKING AROUND AND MAKES HEAPS.

Quotejanresyn (115 ) 12:18 pm, Thu 14 Mar #2
how many onions is in the recipe please. thanks

Quoteweezil (2159 ) 12:37 pm, Thu 14 Mar #3
So sorry 2 large onions

Quotejanresyn (115 ) 7:10 am, Sat 16 Mar #4
This is the recipe I've used for years . sooo good!

Garlic and Apple Ketchup

750g apples, 250g garlic, 1.5lt malt vinegar, thumb-size piece root ginger-bruised, 3 chillies-split, 2 tbsp whole cloves, 4 tsp salt, 4 tbsp peppercorns, 500g treacle.
Chop apples, skin and cores included Separate garlic cloves but don't peel. Combine all ingredients except treacle in large pot and boil gently for approx 1 hour or until apples pulpy and garlic soft. Rub through strainer or mouli and return to cleaned pot. Add treacle and bring to the boil
Boil 5 min and then pour into hot, clean bottles and seal.
This sauce is best if left to mature several months before using - but it's worth the wait!

Quotewinnie231 (146 ) 8:45 am, Sun 17 Mar #5

village.green, Apr 11, 9:58am
Google Skordalia (Greek garlic sauce).

samanya, Apr 11, 11:37pm
This is the one I use too & it's absolutely right about waiting to use it for a while . tastes quite harsh when first made but mellows over time. I have just made another batch & the previous one kept perfectly for over three years.

sunnyflower, Apr 12, 1:30am
300 mils cream 6 cloves garlic and 3 teaspoons of maggi chicken stock, I crush the garlic with a potato masher in the saucepan while heating the sauepan on the stove then add cream and stock and stir till heated you can thicken with cornflour and water if needed.

patxyz, Oct 9, 12:05am
I dont know if I can wait that long. It is delish already.

Thanks for posting the recipe