Forgot to thaw the lamb leg!

bisloy, Dec 31, 9:36pm
I am lazy and cook most things from frozen. I usually start a bit hot, around 200 then turn it down to about 160 after about an hour and a half. Chuck in the garlic, rosemary and salt and pepper it (lots of this). Sometimes I sprinkle over some flour and more salt and pepper once I uncover it to give it a little bit of a crust . yummy, yummy.

rockie6, Dec 31, 9:39pm
I always cook lamb from frozen.

wasala, Dec 25, 8:43pm
I'm never going to get my domestic goddess badge at this rate. I just asked DH casually what time I should put the lamb leg on, and at that moment realised that I hadn't defrosted it. MIL said to put it in the oven on a low heat now and cook it slowly for 4-5 hours. What does anybody else think?

lyingnun, Dec 25, 8:47pm
Defrost it in the MW

petal1955, Dec 25, 8:54pm
On a low heat for 5-6 hours and it will be as tender as. Lunch will be late. or ready in time for dinner

datoofairy, Dec 25, 8:56pm
I have cooked frozen lamb on a low heat, it turned out delicious and super tender.

wasala, Dec 25, 9:06pm
Oh yay! I was so pleased with myself because I'm a useless cook generally but I've made carrot salad with a yummy orange mayo, boysenberry cheesecake ice cream, ambrosia, trifle, a cooked ham in Coca-Cola, and an exotic roast chicken. I thought I'd dropped the ball with my lamb leg but it sounds as if we'll be fine.

It must be time for a pain au chocolat and a Bucks Fizz!

unknowndisorder, Dec 25, 10:50pm
Sound like you don't need the lamb, really :)

I had an epic fail yesterday - cooked cheesecake that was under. tHe birds were very happy with my fail.

Ah well, almost time to head out, so merry Xmas all :)

village.green, Dec 27, 12:24am
wasala hope it all worked out for you yesterday! I would've been panicking a bit too. unless I'd been drinking!

rainrain1, Dec 27, 2:00am
I cook legs from frozen always. they turn out beautiful> Plus I never time them, test with a carving fork when you think it should be near to done.

wasala, Dec 27, 7:08am
Well my Bucks Fizz was pretty well diluted with about 10% bubbles to 90% orange juice but we got through and those who tried the lamb declared it very good!

village.green, Dec 27, 8:54am
Awesome. And I learnt something from this thread - that you can cook lamb from frozen. (even though I thawed mine last night and is currently sitting in a marinade for Monday's dinner).

wasala, Dec 27, 9:21am
Bon appetite!

jethrocat, Dec 30, 8:44am
okay if okay to cook frozen LOL - what temp is considered low enough but hot enough ?
100 ?
5 - 6 hours and super tender sounds lovely

sarahb5, Dec 30, 11:02pm
This - I cook my defrosted lamb for 5 hours on a low heat

mrcat1, May 23, 10:55am
I cook frozen legs of lamb in a covered oven dish on my big covered BBQ, they come out very tender and moist, my mother thought I was nuts doing this until she tried it one night when I had the kids one weekend, kids and mum couldn't get enough of it.