Your very best cheesecake recipe please :)

my_lil_man, Jan 18, 8:42am
Either baked or not baked. And using powdered gelatine.
Any flavour as well :)

245sam, Jan 18, 8:52am
my_lil_man, here's the recipe that I very successfully made my first ever cheesecake with:-

HEAVENLY CHEESECAKE
Crumb Crust:
1 packet plain biscuits, crushed
170g butter, melted
Combine the biscuits and butter, then spread evenly into a 22•5cm (9”) springform tin and up the sides. Chill while preparing the Filling:
1 tbsp gelatine
250g cream cheese
¾ cup sugar
3 eggs
¼ cup each of water, lemon juice and milk
pinch salt
Blend the gelatine with the water and lemon juice, then set it aside. Combine the cream cheese, ½ cup sugar, beaten egg yolks, milk and salt. Cook over simmering water for 10 minutes, then blend in the gelatine mixture. Cool the mixture.
Beat 3 egg whites, gradually adding the remaining ¼ cup sugar, until soft peaks form. Fold this into cheese mixture and pour the filling carefully into crumb crust. Refrigerate.
If desired, pile whipped cream on top and serve as a dessert or as a cake with coffee.
This is always popular and is nicest at least 1 day old. It freezes well too. :-))

245sam, Jan 18, 8:54am
and I absolutely recommend the following recipe. I usually make unbaked cheesecakes so when I made it for Mothers' Day, it was the first baked cheesecake I'd ever made - so easy to make and really delicious. We had a 4 generation family get-together and even my "don't like cheesecake" brother told me that I "have to make this one again"!

From the NZ Woman's Weekly.
BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE SLICE
1 x 240g packet chocolate chip biscuits, crushed
65g butter, melted

Line a 20cm square cake tin with baking paper with an overhang on all sides.
Mix the biscuits with the butter, and press into the base of the tin. Chill while preparing the

Filling:
500g cream cheese, at room temperature
¾ cup each of caster sugar and cream
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 eggs
2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)

Place the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in a bowl and beat until smooth and creamy, then beat in the cream and eggs to combine. Pour the mixture over the crumb base, then scatter the surface with the blueberries.
Bake at 160ºC (fan-bake 140ºC) for 45 minutes, or until just set in the middle.
Cool, then remove from the tin and cut into squares.
Serves 8.
I did not use fan-bake but I did find that this took considerably longer than the stated 45 minutes to bake.

For anyone who tries this - I hope you enjoy it as much as we did. :-))

245sam, Jan 18, 8:57am
I have made and recommend the Baileys version of the following recipe but have not tried the Kahlua variation. This recipe is thanks to TM's cap.

BAILEYS CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE AND KAHLUA VARIATION – never fails!
250g chocolate chip biscuits
75g butter, melted
3 tsp gelatine
¼ cup water
2 x 250g packets cream cheese
¾ cup caster sugar
300ml thickened cream
⅓ cup Baileys
2 eggs whites

Crush the biscuits until they resemble breadcrumbs, then add the butter and stir to combine. Press into the cheesecake tin and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
Sprinkle the gelatine over the water in a small heatproof jug, then stand the jug in a small saucepan of simmering water and stir until dissolved. Cool for 5 minutes. Beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add the cream and beat until thick. Stir in the gelatine and liqueur. Beat the egg whites until soft peaks form, then fold the egg whites into the cheese mixture. Pour the filling mixture over the prepared base. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours until set. Serve, if desired, with
Chocolate Sauce:
200g dark chocolate, chopped
1 cup thickened cream
2 tbsp Baileys

Combine the chocolate and cream in saucepan, then stir over low heat until smooth. Stir in the liqueur.
The following is from 'cap'.
"Notes:
(a) I don't always do the sauce.
Note: Turn over the base of the springform tin so it’s upside down and then cover it with plastic wrap before securing in the tin - much easier to remove the finished product.
If the sauce is made with a good quality chocolate it sets quite hard. I actually pour it over the set cheesecake to have an extra layer. Everybody raves!
Variation: Kahlua Cheesecake – Use the same recipe as above except that replace the Baileys Liqueur with Kahlua and use Chocolate Thins (biscuits) for the base. “You don't really need the egg white from the original recipe - I just leave it out now.” :-))

valentino, Jan 18, 7:13pm
Is it really a cheesecake or not, however it is tops, very nice and loved by all ages.

1 Packet (250g) Plain Biscuits Crumbed
125 to 150g butter softened and mixed with biscuit crumb and to form the base by pressing into a greased tin.

When preparing the tin, line it with baking paper greased, but to allow a little to overhang each side of the tin, so when ready to cut and serve, just use the this overhanging paper to lift out of tin, place onto a nice serving dish or board, peel down the sides with the paper and use a nice long thin knife (like a Ham knife) and cut into nice serving portions.

This is far better than trying to dig out that first piece or two. Refrigerate for an hour at least.

Beat about 900grams to 1kg Sour Cream (or yoghurt, or a Ricotto and sour cream combination and to be blended, I just use Sour cream on its own).
Add enough castor sugar say about 350 to 400 grams, mixed in and dissolve, check taste and add more sugar to suit taste.

In a separate bowl, mix 4 tsp gelatine in some boiling water to dissolve clear.

Likewise – ½ packet flavoured Jelly Mix (Raspberry goes well with Strawberries) in hot water and dissolve.

Allow both to cool, then mix all together and spread over base. Mixture is quite runny.
Refrigerate to set or near setting.

Topping is made of 1 to 1 ½ tsp gelatine plus the other half of jelly mix dissolved in enough boiling hot water. Once again allow to cool near setting but not set!

If Strawberry topping then slice some strawberries in half lengthwise, placed on top of filling cut side down then spread the topping over.

Allow to set in the fridge covered.

Flavours in topping can vary using other fruits or berries.

mooshiesmum, Jan 19, 8:08am
This is my favourite - not with gelatine though but so easy and delicious

http://justamumnz.com/2014/05/10/divine-white-chocolate-cheesecake-with-berry-coulis/

bev00, Mar 3, 7:41am
hayvada, I have the following recipe saved on my files so was the recipe you're wanting this one that is thanks to TM's shellz213.

KAHLUA AND CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE
Biscuit Base:
1 x 250g packet malt biscuits, crushed
½ tsp cinnamon
100g butter, melted
1 tbsp brown sugar

Combine all and set in a cheesecake or flan tin.

Filling:
250g cream cheese
¼ cup caster sugar
1 tsp gelatine dissolved in 1 tbsp hot water
2 tbsp Kahlua
⅔ cup whipped cream
125g chocolate, melted

Beat the cream cheese and sugar, then add the dissolved gelatine and the Kahlua. Fold in the whipped cream first, then the melted chocolate. Leave in the refrigerator until set.

Hope that's the one. :-))

245sam (56 56 positive feedback) 5:03 pm, Tue 23 Dec #2
Here's another option for you shayvada - I have made and recommend the Baileys version but have not tried the Kahlua variation. This recipe is thanks to TM's cap.