Nescafe "Coffee" sachets - Irish Cream

paora-tm, Apr 20, 6:53am
Does your supermarket sell Nescafe Coffee sachets including the Irish Cream flavour? Countdown don't seem to the Irish Cream ones anymore. Nescafe sachets are the only 'coffee' my stomach tolerates which probably means it isn't coffee at all. lol

teddy147, Apr 20, 8:14am
my new world has them I brought some yesterday.

brightlights60, Apr 20, 8:25am
A few years ago when these sachets (they were originally in boxes, cylinders and packets) came out we loved them, but I found the grocery bill going up. So I googled how to make them. Nowadays I make a jar each month or so of "latte mix" and you cannot tell the difference, in fact its nicer, and I know exactly what's in it.

katie232, Apr 20, 8:55am
Would you please share your receipe

westward1, Apr 20, 9:05am
As Katie asked so politely, I too would be delighted if you shared it :-) :-)

lindylambchops1, Apr 20, 9:38am
Coffee Latte Mix
1/2 cup instant coffee
1/3 cup sugar
1 cup instant non-fat dry milk powder
1/2 cup powdered coffee creamer
2 teaspoon vanilla
This recipe has to be powdered in a blender. The vanilla makes things clumpy because it is a liquid, and the heaviness of the sugar makes it sink to the bottom while the coffee creamer rises to the top. Blending the mixture, takes care of all of these problems. Measure all of the ingredients (even the vanilla) into a blender container. Put the lid on. Process the mixture for about a minute, or until it is all powdery smooth, and the texture is even. This is actually a lot less work than it sounds like, and the texture is so impressively professional, that you may want to blend all of your coffee mixes from now on. Store in a container with a good lid. Makes 1- 2/3 cups.

To Prepare: Combine 3/4 cup of boiling water and 2 to 3 tablespoons of the mix. Stir to dissolve and serve.

lindylambchops1, Apr 20, 9:42am
Cafe Vienna Coffee Mix

1/2 cup instant coffee
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup instant nonfat dry milk powder
1/4 cup powdered coffee creamer
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup store bought instant butterscotch or vanilla flavored pudding mix (optional)
Measure all of the ingredients into a clean, dry bowl. Use a fork to combine everything evenly. If you are ambitious, you can powder everything in a blender. I don’t always do this because I am lazy. You do get really impressive results from it though, and it is easier to do than one would expect. Transfer the mixture to a resealable container, or a pretty jar. Makes 2 1/2 cups.

To Prepare: Place 2 tablespoons of dry Cafe Vienna into a coffee cup. Add hot water to fill up the cup (about 3/4 cup hot water). Stir and serve.

brightlights60, Sep 26, 4:00pm
Mine is slighty different. I experimented with several I found on the internet until I got the right taste. The "flavour" is in the instant pudding mix you use!
1 cup dry milk powder (non fat)
1/2 cup powdered non dairy whitener or creamer (countdown)
1/3 cup instant coffee granuals (you can have more or less depending how strong you like your coffee, buy the plain packs at the supermarket)
1/3 cup sugar (reduce if liked)
1/4 cup vanilla or butterscotch instant pudding (I use half each)
Put the whole lot in a blender and blend to a fine powder.