Macaroni

mber2, Jul 15, 6:34am
Has anyone got really nice recipe for for macaroni ps

petal1955, Jul 15, 8:19am
Do you want macaroni cheese. or a pasta bake?

mber2, Jul 15, 8:41am
Sorry i should have said pasta bake
Thanks

245sam, Jul 16, 8:55am
mber2, the following recipes are from the former Trade me Cooks.

"Beef and Pasta bake with a side salad – 6 or 4.5 p W/W Recipe
Serves 4 @ 6 points or 6 @ 4.5 points. Ingredients 250 g spiral pasta 1 large onion, chopped 1 teaspoon crushed garlic 2 bacon rashers chopped 2 sticks chopped celery 200g lean beef mince 440g tomato soup ¼ cup tomato paste ½ teaspoon oregano sprinkle of basil, parsley and thyme 90 g light grated cheese. Method 1. Preheat oven to 180ºC. Spray a lasagne dish with cooking spray. Cook pasta in boiling water until just tender, drain. 2. Heat pan and spray with cooking spray. Add onion, garlic, celery and bacon. cook 2-3 mins or until onion is soft. Add mince and cook, stirring, until meat is well browned. Stir in tomato soup, tomato paste and herbs. Cover and simmer for 10 mins, stirring occasionally. Add pasta and mix well. 3. Spoon into baking dish, top with cheese and bake for 15 mins or until cheese is melted and brown.
REposted by ams7

Chicken and Mushroom Pasta Bake
I would crisp roast a chicken(I just use organic free range chicken(they aren't so pricely lately. I bought one size 12-I live alone-for $6 at the mad butcher),take the skin off(and eat it straight away! )crumble with hands the meat, add sliced mushrooms,olive oil to moist,salt,pepper spices you like etcsome and Bechamel sauce. Bechamel sauce 4 tbs plain flour sifted,4 cups milk heated to boiling,grated nutmeg,2 tbs butter 1 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese Melt the butter in a sucepan over low heat.Stir in the flour and cook for one minute continuosly stirring,add the boiling milk and mix well Stir in the nutmeg,cheese,salt and pepper to taste Stir well Grease an oven casserole(perfect the glass ones)lay a fesh lasagna sheet,fill with some mixture(remember to put most of the bechamele by side. forgot to write it. )lay on the casserole and continue until it's all full Pour the bechamele sprinkle with some breadcrumbs and cheese mixture and put in the oven already hot from the roast(180 degrees)and let it cook until browned on top(you will know when!) buon appetito
posted by bulloncina

Mince and Pasta Bake
fry large onon, 2 garlic, add 500gms mince and brown, then add 2 TBSP tomato paste, 1 tin of tomatoes, and a can of beans, simmer for about 40 mins. While that is simmering cook 2 cups of penne pasta. Make a white sauce, add the drained pasta. Place mince into a square casserole dish (easy to slice to put into containers to freeze), pour the pasta in sauce over, a little grated cheese, bake for about 30 mins. freezes well
posted by couppee

Patchies Bake
I make a lovely pasta bake with browned mince, diced onion and Wairau Garlic sauce (you could use a tomato based sauce as well) then a layer of vege's - usually cooked carrots, brocolli and cauli in our house, then the final layer is macaroni cheese with sour cream in it on top, bake in oven until heated thru, you can top with grated cheese and breadcrumbs to, it's delicious and alwys goes down well.
posted by patchie1

New World Chicken Pasta Bake
I got this one a long time ago from a New World pamphlet, but might be different to the one you had. 6 Chicken Thighs, 4 Cups Cooked Macaroni, 4 Rashers Bacon (diced), pkt onion soup mix, 2 eggs, 2 cup grated cheese, 1 cup cream. Cut up chicken into 2 cm pieces. Brown chicken and bacon. Put in casserole dish. Add pasta, soup mix, eggs, 1/2cup cheese and cream. Scatter over rest of cheese. Bake 180 c for 40 minutes
posted by kennymac" :-))

245sam, Jul 16, 8:57am
continued from #4

"Chicken and Pasta Bake
Ingredients: 400-500gm boneless chicken e.g. breast or tenderloin 1 large onion 1 can of creamed corn 2 packets instant roast chicken gravy mix 250 gms pasta (spiral or penne) Topping: 100 gms butter melted About 1 cup breadcrumbs 1 tablespoon dried mixed herbs Method: Finely chop onion, cook in frypan until translucent. Remove, and cook cubed chicken until brown. Cook pasta according to instructions. In a large bowl, mix cooked chicken, pasta, onion, creamed corn, and gravy (made to packet instructions.) Pour into a greased casserole dish. Make up topping by mixing melted butter, breadcrumbs and herbs together. Spread over casserole mixture. Cook in oven until topping is golden brown. Serve hot with salad or green veges. Yum! Quick and easy.
posted by connie56

Chicken pasta
This is so beautiful and you can make heaps which lasts for 2 nights in our house. Brown chicken, add garlic. Add veggies (I use whatever we have but nice colors are good) and add 1/2 cup water with 3 tsps chicken stock. Simmer this to infuse the veggies and then add 1 pot of sour cream. Add cooked pasta and mix. Put grated cheese on top and into the oven 180 for 25 mins. DEVINE!
posted by dylze

low fat baked pasta.
I do this: saute onion, garlic, celery, carrots. Add chilli flakes, dried oregano and chopped tomatoes and a smidge of brown sugar. Simmer until sauce nice and thick. (Note: in summer I usually also include lots of courgettes). Cook penne pasta until about 2/3 cooked. Mix pasta through sauce and tip into a baking dish. Mix together cottage cheese (250g), 1 egg and 3 tablespoons of yoghurt. Use this as the topping for the baked pasta. Put in 180 degree oven for about 50 - 60 mins. Freezes brilliantly if you want to cut out portions to freeze. I've only given quantities for the cottage cheese topping, the rest just do to your own taste. The topping tastes lovely and rich for something that is low fat and healthy. Enjoy
posted by 2halls

chicken and bacon pasta
diced chicken (as much as you want), diced bacon usually 200 or 400g, 1 tub of sour cream, 1 onion diced, 1 cup peas thawed, one packet spiral pasta cooked, two tablespoons flour, milk Fry your onion, chicken and bacon up till cooked, add flour, make into a white sauce with the milk, add sour cream and peas and stir in, add cooked pasta put into oven dish, sprinkle with grated cheese, cook at 180 for 30 mins till browned and cooked. Bacon and chicken and peas are all added to your taste, i like lots of bacon and peas and not lots of chicken but this is really yummy and most people adore it.
posted by shortie75" :-))

245sam, Jul 16, 8:59am
continued from #5

"Individual Chicken & Pasta Casseroles.
200g spiral pasta, 425g can cream mushroom or broccoli soup, 250g sour cream, 1 tsp curry powder, 1 cooked chicken, 250g broccoli cut into small pieces, 1 c fresh breadcrumbs and 1 1/2 c grated cheese. Preheat oven to 180c. Cook pasa in salted water for 10-12 minutes or until just soft to the bite, drain. Combine soup, cream and curry & season with freshly ground pepper. Remove meat from chicken carcass & roughly chop. Combine chicken with cooled pasta, broccoli & soup mixture. Spoon into 4 lightly greased 2 cup ovenproof dishes & sprinkle with combined breadcrumbs & cheese. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve.
posted by valentino

easy chicken pasta bake.
1 cooked chicken, 400gm pkt of rigatoni pasta or whatever shape you like, 1T oil, 2 cloves garlic crushed, 1 small red onion chopped, 500gm jar of Tomato Pasta Sauce (Dolmio or whatever), 2c grated mozzarella cheese, 100gm baby spinach leaves. Remove meat from chicken and roughly chop. Cook pasta according to pkt directions. Drain and return to saucepan. Meanwhile heat oil and fry onion and garlic till soft. Add onion and pasta sauce, chicken and 3/4 of mozzarella and spinach leaves to hot pasta. Season and mix together. Put in baking dish, top with remaining cheese and bake @ 180°C for 15-20min till golden. Also nice if you fry off chopped mushrooms and bacon when frying onion garlic mix.
posted by rkcroft"

Hope that helps. :-))

mber2, Mar 8, 8:12am
thank you for them I will copy some out