Chocolate muffins made with instant pudding mix

denart, Apr 27, 9:47pm
Anne1995. Can I have your sponge recipe please with Instant Pudding.

anna95, Aug 3, 11:22pm
I've lost this recipe which was in the first St Cuthberts recipe book. They were soft and delicious. They had chocolate chips or buttons in as well.

jynx66, Aug 5, 10:04am
x1
2 c. flour
2 tbsp. sugar, opt.
1 sm. pkg. instant chocolate pudding mix
1 tbsp. baking powder
3/4 c. mini chocolate chips
1 1/4 c. milk
1/4 c. oil

Mix together the flour, sugar, pudding mix, baking powder and chocolate chips. Add the milk and oil and mix until combined. Put into greased muffin cups. Bake at 200 degrees C for 16 to 18 minutes. Makes 12. Other flavors of pudding and chips (nuts, etc.) can be used.

anna95, Aug 6, 4:46am
Thanks, looking forward to making and eating these again.

retired, Aug 7, 6:50am
Many thanks for the recipe jynx66. Just checking no eggs?

anne1955, Aug 7, 8:12am
I have a instant pudding sponge recipe that I often make as muffins also make as a slice and ice, and as a biscuit all are great also a big choc cake one with the boiling water and makes a massive roasting dish size and I make muffins from that as well If anyone is interested BUT I am catering for a 60th alone this weekend :) only 40 people lucky, and next week it's a 60th for 100 plus :) more :( but I'll do it just keep this bumped if you want it and when I am here and looking for sanity I'll post them :) LOL And 17th I am moving to start a new job on 18th and as yet no place to live :( So an interesting couple of weeks ahead of me lol actually won't be much lol

retired, Aug 7, 8:37am
Yes please anne1955 when you can find time would love them.

surf2, Aug 7, 10:00am
Me too. Thanks

ehance2011, Aug 7, 10:53pm
Yes please Anne1955

anne1955, Aug 8, 7:01am
Will do need them myself :)

anne1955, Aug 8, 7:35am
Choc Cake (Makes a roasting dish size or two cakes or 1 and muffins)
3.5 c flour, 3.5 c of sugar, 1.5 c coco powder, 3tsp baking powder, 3tsp baking soda, 1 cup of oil cooking type oil not olive, 2 c milk, 1tsp salt, 4 eggs, 1 tsp vanilla, and two (2) cups of boiling water (to be added at the end) Put all other than boiling water, in a very large bowl, I mean very large bowl. Mix to a batter type mix no lumps :) well might get away with real small ones :). Then add the 2 cups of boiling water mixing until smooth, looks like soup, runny soup sort of. :) Bake at 160 for an hour in a roasting dish or split in 2 for 2 cakes or 1 and muffins.
Now I don't measure things as such a shake off make a cup if it's a bit over so be it. sorry I am a odd sort of cook and baker :) The mix will sit ok until you want to cook second lot of you don't or can't do all at once. But I'd say keep it away if not baking it all from too much heat :) All common sense And consider your self lucky I am not giving the directions as I often do to mates Like oh about a handful oh takes about to stubbies to cook LOL I use to spend wasted time sifting and measuring NO waste of time. I mean I wrote the book "101 of living of on dog bones". Ok bad name for a book but I can live on next to no money eat gourmet food and as for feeding 4 for 15.00 give I away I can do it on that with at least 3 courses and hand make the bread as well. And all why having an ale watching TV and being on the net. I will be self publishing my book at some times, not just a cook book for living on no or next to know money, but eating like a king & queen eating gourmet food and handy hints as well.
Now I will come back to the Instant pudding slice and biscuits. But I am catering alone for a 60th for 40 people with 3 mains and nibbles finger food for about 2.50 per person and doing this as I type right down to the roasted nuts garlic and the other chilli as well as everything else. No I am not wonder person just love cooking And doing it cheap ok time is a factor for some but even then I do it with full time work. Just have to have the passion. And nothing is wasted unless it is burnt passed knowing what you started with :) I can turn and 'rubbish' cooking into something amazing :) And no not self promotion just a love of food and cooking :)

dolphinlu, Aug 8, 10:05am
Anne I would be interested in your book when you do publish it. Trade name extra.

anne1955, Aug 9, 12:49am
Thanks will write that down.

anna95, Sep 8, 5:43pm
Borrowed the book, St Cuthbert's cooks, and found the recipe I was looking for. They are fudgy and delicious.

Chocolate Chip Muffins

1 packet chocolate instant pudding
1 cup flour (I used self raising flour, as no baking powder specified)
2 tbsp cocoa
1/2 cup sugar

1 tsp vanilla essence
175 mls milk
2 eggs, beaten
125g melted butter

3/4 cup chocolate bits

Preheat oven to 160 degrees C
.mix all dry ingredients in a bowl and make well.
Combine wet ingredients and gently mix. Stir in chocolate bits until just combined. Bake in muffin or patty pans for 15-20 minutes or until cooked.