Consumer Breadmaker review

macb, Aug 9, 1:31am
My 1st ever sanyo breadmaker has finally died after 20+ years. I am not up to date with what the reccommended breadmaker brands are at the moment and was wondering if anyone has the consumer report and can tell me their recommendations on breadmakers. Thanks

strowan1, Aug 9, 2:30am
Afraid I can't oblige re the Consumer reports, but we're in much the same situation as our elderly breadmaker has recently packed it in.
After doing some reading and asking around we've chosen another Panasonic. Was very happy with our first one and general opinion is they're still very highly regarded. Hope this is of some help.

kaddiew, Aug 9, 4:29am
Although I gave it away to family because I was no longer using it, my trusty Panasonic never let me down - and I would choose the same brand again.

macb, Aug 9, 6:22am
Thanks for that the Panasonic do seem to have good reviews.

samanya, Aug 9, 6:41am
I can't help re reviews but I have a Breville (& it's perfectly OK)
I only replaced my Panasonic, one of the first ever (inherited from my mum) because the Breville made much larger quantities/loaves.
I took the Panasonic to the family bach & it's still going strong after probably 20- 30 years. I think it makes better bread.

camper18, Jan 11, 7:53am
Have had Cascade, Breville (several), Sanyo, and now Panasonic. Best have been Panasonic & Cascade.