Mothers day desert ideas???

scorpiogrl8, May 7, 11:25pm
Hi everyone ! !
I want to make a yummy chocolate desert for mothers day, but im out of ideas. can anyone help ? ?

245sam, May 8, 1:18am
scorpiogrl8, are you wanting a hot or cold dessert?
IMO the type of dessert depends also on how heavy or rich the main course is going to bee. g. after a really full on main course something light and not too rich may be appropriate but if your main course is on the lighter side, then you may like a heavier/richer dessert - a couple of thoughts that spring to mind could be a special chocolate mousse (add some liqueur for that "special" touch) or how about chocolate brownie with berry couli or... . . - there are lots of yummy chocolate dessert options but again it depends on what you need to serve/what you think will be appropriate and maybe most importantly of all, if you're having extras, what you feel comfortable about making along with everything else that you will need to be doing.

My elderly Mum is coming for a mid-day meal so we're having a roast main to be finished off with a cheeseboard and fruit, then for a late-ish afternoon tea before she and my brother make their 1 hour+ return home, I'm going to serve a dessert cake - my Mum has developed a real love of desserts but she also loves cheeses especially when served with dried and fresh fruits so she will get the best of both options and hopefully she'll enjoy the cake more for afternoon tea than if it was after the full-on roast main course. :-))

alebix, May 8, 1:36am
Banoffie pie is easy. I know its not chocolate but you can grate soem over the top and its super easy to make with a basic biscuit base, caramel condensed milk filling with chopped banana and whipped cream on top... easy...

cookessentials, May 8, 1:47am
A chocolate mousse is always nice and fairly easy to prepare. Always use a good quality chocolate, say 70% or more for a good, rich chocolatey taste.

scorpiogrl8, May 8, 4:23am
thats really helpfull thanks. We are going to cook a roast lamb for dinner, and im gona do a chocolate mousse in little chocolate cupcake thingys, with a iceing sugar heat, whipped cream and grated chocolate. :) yummy. and yea, its 72% so should be good.

bedazzledjewels, May 8, 4:33am
Hopefully you're not taking Mum to the desert. (winks).
Those dessert ideas sound lovely. Lucky Mums.
My kids are overseas so no dessert here!

cookessentials, Apr 12, 5:54pm
Sounds very tasty scorpiogrl8