Vanilla cake recipe

cramy, Mar 8, 9:59pm
Does anyone have a really good vanilla cake recipe. Need something that I can also freeze and defrost.

cookessentials, Mar 8, 10:18pm
Page 15 on the "Cakes" thread

lost-in-oz, Mar 9, 12:05pm

mooshiesmum, Mar 10, 6:05am
Oooh mine - I recently found it - made it into cupcakes but would make a gorgeous cake too!

http://justamumnz.wordpress.com/?s=vanilla+cupcakes

pickles7, Mar 15, 7:51am
Nice cake, reminded me of a Victoria Sponge recipe.

bev00, Aug 24, 11:37am
use a madeira cake one. leave the lemon out and replace with vanilla.

My favourite cake recipe is equal quanteties by weight of flour butter sugar eggs--add flavour to this(vanilla) make as large as you want

lilyfield (528 528 positive feedback) 8:07 am, Thu 22 Aug #2
I have two if they are of any use to you? Both are wonderful. The first is a buttery vanilla cake and the other is a vanilla sand cake ( no, it is not using sand LOl)

cookessentials (1216 1216 positive feedback) 10:03 am, Thu 22 Aug #4
FAMILY SIZED VANILLA CAKE

250g butter, chopped
2 tsp vanilla extract
440g caster sugar
4 eggs
300g self raising flour
40g custard powder
250ml milk

Grease a deep 23cm square cake pan and line base and sides with baking paper
Combine all ingredients in large bowl and beat on low speed until combined. Then beat on med speed until smooth and changed in colour. Spread into prepared pan in mod slow oven ( 160C) for about 1 1/4 hours. Stand for 5 mins before turning out on to wire rack to cool.

cookessentials (1216 1216 positive feedback) 10:17 am, Thu 22 Aug #5

pam.delilah, Aug 24, 10:45pm
this is Nigella's one, I have made it several times. You do not need the special tin just a plain ring tin works well

Spruced-up vanilla cake
225g soft butter, plus extra for greasing
300g caster sugar
6 eggs
350g plain flour
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
250ml low-fat natural yoghurt
4 tsp vanilla extract
1-2 tbsp icing sugar, to taste
Method
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F Place a baking tray into the oven to heat.
2. Grease a 2.5 litre/4 pint 8fl oz bundt tin (fir tree-shaped, if possible) very liberally with butter or spray
2. Place everything except vanilla and icing sugar into a food processor.
3. Blitz until smooth and well mixed
3. Mix the butter and sugar together in a large bowl with a wooden spoon until light and fluffy.
4. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and spread until level. Place the tin on the preheated baking sheet in the oven and cook for 45-60 minutes, until well risen and golden-brown. After 45 minutes, push a metal skewer into the centre of the cake. If it comes out clean, the cake is cooked.
5. Remove the cake from the oven and place onto a wire rack, without removing it from the tin. Leave to cool for 15 minutes.
7. Gently pull away the edges of the cake from the tin with your fingers, then carefully turn out the cake onto the wire rack. Leave to cool completely.
8. Once cool, sieve the icing sugar over the cake. Serve in slices.

bev00, Dec 5, 5:46pm
always popular