Fresh bean and tinned red bean salad - kfc style

doree36, Jan 21, 12:35am
have an overload of round beans - got a salad from kfc last night and thought" I could make that" anyone got a recipe for me - thanks in advance

245sam, Jan 21, 1:01am
doree36, we haven't eaten KFC for a long long time but the following is very like the bean salad that used to be (maybe still is? ) available as a side at KFC.

BEAN SALAD
Dressing:
½ cup each of sugar, cider vinegar and salad oil
1 tsp salt
shake pepper

Place the dressing ingredients into a screw-topped jar in the order given, then screw the top on the jar and shake the jar to mix all the ingredients together and to dissolve the sugar.

Salad:
2 cups each of cooked green beans and cooked butter beans (aka Golden Wax beans)
1-2 cups cooked red kidney beans – drained canned or home-cooked
½ cup (100g) chopped green capsicums
½ cup (70g) sliced onions

Combine all the vegetables, then pour the dressing over them and leave the vegetables to stand in the dressing for at least several hours – this salad will keep in the refrigerator for a few weeks but should be frequently tossed around in its container to keep the vegetables all coated with the dressing. Drain, if desired, before serving.

Hope that's what you're thinking of. :-))

doree36, Jan 21, 1:25am
thanks 245sam. I think we have exchanged recipes before for -( maybe my mango and baileys cheese cake) a few years back - there was no butter beans in their salad - but the recipe seems to tally up with their "ingredients" on the pottle - will try it - sure to please - I don't really like frozen beans so will have an ongoing lot made up for family and friends - happy cooking to you

pickles7, Jan 21, 1:58am
Bean salad Dressing

I buy cans of cooked beans for this.
I try and keep 2 cans in the fridge, all the time.
Dressing. Simmer, 1 1/4 cups of malt vinegar,
1/2 cup of brown sugar,
1/2 cup of water,
1 Tbsp honey,
1 Tbsp oil,
1 1/2 tsp salt,
2 tsp soy sauce,
pepper to taste.
cool.
Pour over drained beans, try and leave the salad in the fridge a while before using.

westigal, May 2, 1:03am
Bean Salad, yum yum my favourite.
I use 245sam's dressing - closest to the real thing I can find
BEAN SALAD
Dressing:
½ cup each of sugar, cider vinegar and salad oil
1 tsp salt
shake pepper - I use freshly ground black, lots of it
All in screw top jar shake, shake, shake and pour over combined ingredients below.

1 can mixed four beans, drained
lightly cooked chopped green beans, more the better. Would use yellow too if I had them
chopped red capsicum
finely chopped onion

Living on my own, I have been known to have this every night for dinner, keeps for at least a week in the fridge, seems to just get better