Lost Recipes

mber2, Aug 3, 5:08am
Has anyone got nice recipes for mince ps, i did have some but moving around i have misplaced them. I idid have one which had cheese on top of the mince which was verytasty but i cant remember it if you can help me it would be great. Many Thanks

uli, Aug 3, 5:33am
Is it "mince please"?
Or is it "mince pies"?

mber2, Aug 3, 5:53am
Its just minces please

lazkaz, Aug 3, 6:14am
I like mince with browned with onions garlic, and add whatever you like, fresh diced veges. A good mince though, and to be honest by the time you drain the cheaper mince it amounts to the same amount. Wraps with salad or salsa. Meat patties with a good onion sauce. Or homemade tomato sauce, burgers are great. Yummie.

fifie, Jan 24, 9:45am
Budget base mince, came from here not sure who posted it.
2kg minced beef
2 cups of red lentils
2 tbsp of vegetable stock powder, or four vegetable stock cubes
1 tsp dried garlic granules
1 dsp dried onion flakes
4 cups of water.
Place all the ingredients into a crockpot and cook on high for two hours, stirring every 30 minutes. It should be thick, aromatic.
One batch is enough to serve as a base for seven meals This saves heaps of money and time too. freeze the mince in margarine tubs
Couple of ideas to use the mince.
1.Greek pasta bake
Heat a container of mince mixture with a 400g tin of peeled tomatoes. Cook enough macaroni for your family and drain well.
Mix with the meat mixture and spoon into a large baking dish and top with your favourite white sauce or cheese sauce. Sprinkle on some grated cheese and bake for 40 minutes at 200C.
2. Grease a casserole dish pile mince into it and layer buttered bread on top sprinkle with grated cheese and paprika bake till golden and crunchy.