Six egg whites leftover from baking

janeny1, Feb 27, 1:30am
Do not want to make pavlova or meringues. Any other suggestions?

cgvl, Feb 27, 1:47am
Omelete's or crepes. Use a couple of whole eggs and the egg whites. beat egg whites firmly before folding through. .

sampa, Feb 27, 1:56am
Make crepes as suggested (lots of online recipes using just egg whites) and then freeze them for later use. They can be used to fill with either sweet or savoury fillings. We have them quite often filled and rolled then baked under a cheesy layer a bit like cannelloni. Delicious.

zappi, Feb 27, 5:51am
biscotti

ry5, Feb 28, 1:45am
Macarons if you are feeling adventurous!

choosy7, Feb 28, 10:17am
Mix with birdseed, put in baking mould lined with baking paper and bake on a low heat.

Put outside to attract birds.

lala2, Feb 28, 10:35am
You could make friands.

groomingtools, Mar 6, 6:20am
Ngaires meringues (named after my late godmother)
2 egg whites beaten stiffly
Add 1/2c brown sugar & 1/2c white sugar and beat again.
add 1/2c chopped nuts, 1/2c coconut, 1 1/2c cornflakes
cook 375oF 10 mins or 325 for 20 mins

These are really different and delicious

marcs, Mar 7, 12:35pm
Angel food cake but you will have to adjust the recipe to use 6 egg whites. I think most have 10 egg whites. Here is a recipe you can halve.
http://www.marthastewart.com/340496/angel-food-cake

bev00, Jun 25, 10:56am
Macaroons with buttercream filling
•100g (31/2oz) icing sugar
•150g (5oz) ground almonds
•2 large egg whites
•Few drops of food colouring of your choice (optional)

For the buttercream:
•100g (31/2oz) unsalted butter, softened
•100g (31/2oz) unsalted butter
•150g (5oz) icing sugar
•1tsp vanilla extract
•2tbsp milk
1 To make the macaroons, sieve the icing sugar and ground almonds together twice and set aside. Whisk the egg whites and granulated sugar until thick and glossy. Add the food colouring, if using, and mix thoroughly. Fold the egg-white mixture into the almond mixture. Stir until well combined.
2 Line 2 large baking sheets with non-stick baking parchment. Place the macaroon mixture in a piping bag and pipe 30 rounds approx 4cm (11/2in) in diameter, spaced well apart. Leave in a well ventilated area for 2-3 hours to dry out.
3 Preheat the oven to 170°C/150°C fan and bake the macaroons for 12–15 minutes or until just firm to the touch. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
4 While the macaroons are cooling, make the buttercream by whisking all ingredients together until smooth. Place the mixture into a piping bag and pipe a small amount onto the underside of one half of the cold macaroons. Place remaining macaroons on top and sandwich together.

pam.delilah (740 740 positive feedback) 9:35 pm, Sun 22 Jun #3
This is my 'go-to' list of recipes for left-over egg whites. I have the recipes if any of them interest you:

Baileys Chocolate Macaroons
Bailey's Frozen Cheesecake
Best Battered Fish
Chocolate Avocado Mousse
Egg White Cake
Egg-White Omelet
Forgotten Cookies
Fresh Mint Ice Cream
Lemon sorbet
Lime Sorbet
Mango & Strawberry Sorbet
Marshmallows
Marshmallow Icing
Mint Sorbet
Muffin Making Tips
Pavlova
Plum & Brandy Sorbet
Strawberry Mousse
Strawberry and Star Anise Sorbet
Toasted Pumpkin Seeds Recipe

jynx66 (89 89 positive feedback) 7:57 am, Mon 23 Jun #4
Make "Friands"
They take 6 egg whites.

sift 1 and 2/3cups of icing sugar with 2/3c flour. Add 1c almond meal. Melt 160g butter, and leave it to cool.

In another bowl beat 6 egg whites with a fork till they start to froth. Pour these onto the dry ingredients along with 1t vanilla paste, and stir in with a spoon. Stir in the butter.

Butter brush and flour friand or muffin containers. Bake 18-20mins 180C

amazing_grace (864 864 positive feedback) 8:52 am, Tue 24 Jun #5
I freeze them until I have enough for whatever I want to do with them, usually merange also add to any scrambled egg type dish, quiche etc.

arielbooks (808 808 positive feedback) 11:46 am, Tue 24 Jun #6
Like arielbooks I freeze them and use them for pavlovas etc. Never had any problems.

ballito (321 321 positive feedback) 1:28 pm, Tue 24 Jun #7

ruby19, Jun 25, 8:35pm
I know you said no pav/meringues , but if made this can be frozen, so you would have a fab dessert stashed away. I personally didn`t have much luck with my meringues, so ended up making a layered dish rather than a roll. I did freeze it and it came defrosted well. The guests raved about it. So I would make again.
http://nzhouseandgarden.co.nz/coffee-caramel-cream-roulade/

cheekypa, Jun 26, 7:13am
just freeze the whites down.
Then you can pull em out and thaw them when ya wanna make something with them.
I make loads of brioche at work weekly and freeze down the whites to make meringues every few weeks

toenails, Jun 29, 6:42am
I remember making a "Silver Cake" from egg whites, think it could have been from Aunt Daisy.

awoftam, Jun 29, 7:30am
Coat raw potato chips in them and bake, instead of using oil.

marcs, Apr 23, 11:10am
I am going to make salted caramel macaroon with my left over egg whites.