Mango Lassi . easy yummy dessert

illusion_, Aug 29, 12:01am
Reconstitute some (a pkt) dried mangoes in a pot with a little water. When soft, drain and liquidise.
Make some plain (or greek) yoghurt (Easiyo works well, and is of course easy)
Stir in a bit of honey to sweeten the yoghurt to taste. Gently mix/swirl in the mango

Serve and enjoy

wasala, Aug 29, 5:31am
That does sound lovely. I always thought it was more of a drink than a dessert though. I often have it at Indian restaurants. Does it qualify as high-fat?

awoftam, Aug 29, 5:39am
That does sound great illusion, thank you for sharing. Would be really nice on a hot summer's evening. I will try with fresh mango and thick Greek yogurt - would be sweet enough for our taste on its own. Fresh mint might give it a nice zing too. Cheers.

samanya, Aug 29, 7:36am
Yum . would tinned mangoes work, do you think?

illusion_, Aug 29, 7:37am
now THAT's a good idea.
Thanks

illusion_, Aug 29, 7:40am
cant see why not. just drain off the syrup. let us know.

only reason(s) I used dried was cos I have a supply of them, and cos Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall had an installment on dried fruit the other night. Gave me the inspiration to recreate what I had one night at the Indian

illusion_, Aug 29, 7:49am
Depends how thick it is I guess as to whether it's a drink or a dessert. Kinda hard to slurp down something that doesnt want to pour out of a glass ;)

As for the "high fat" question. No fat in mangoes . and I dont remember seeing a "high fat" yoghurt

samanya, Aug 29, 8:03am
I very seldom 'do' desserts, but it sure sounds like a yummy brunch/breakfast.
I have a couple of cans of Mangoes in my pantry & always have yoghurt on hand . will let you know.

jwjmummy, Aug 29, 8:06am
It's yummy with a dash of cardamom in it too!

awoftam, Aug 29, 8:30am
The yummy Greek yogurt I plan on using could never be sipped from a glass. Will be a dessert for sure.

samanya, Aug 29, 8:40am
I've just scoffed a plate full & it was wonderful. I added a pinch of cardamon, . the tinned mangoes were OK. I think the dried type would have more intensity of flavour . but i just loved it, anyway & I feel too full!

wasala, Nov 25, 5:12pm
Could you do it with fresh mango? I only ask 'cos' I have half of one in the fridge at the moment!