Wanted. A nice pasta

sandy09, Dec 1, 11:56pm
Salad please.

valentino, Dec 2, 12:18am
Chicken pasta salad

1 packet pasta spirals
Salt
1 large or 2 small chicken breast, poached or small smoked Chicken – meat stripped.
4 rashers bacon (minimum amount or more) roughly chopped or 2-3 ham steaks chopped.
½ cup quality mayonnaise
3 tbsp milk
1 to 2 avocado (as a garnish)
Juice of lemon (for the avocado though nice in the salad as well)
3 to 4 stalks celery, finely chopped.

Cook the pasta in boiling salted water until just tender. Drain and set aside to cool.
Meanwhile, cook the chicken breast (if using) in a small saucepan of water until cooked through.
Set aside to cool, then roughly chop. Or if Smoked chicken then meat of bone and roughly chopped.
Cook bacon either by grilling or pan frying.
Mix the mayonnaise with the milk.
Chop the avocado and sprinkle with lemon juice.
Combine pasta with chicken and any other meat, mayonnaise, celery, and mix well.
Lastly, garnish with avocado.
Serve warm or chill then serve, is very nice chilled.
Personal note; using other meats like salami or brier sticks instead of chicken – is a lot nicer when chilled, not so nice if warm.
Bacon, can use those 350 gram packets of bacon pieces but chopped or ham steaks from the deli.

valentino, Dec 2, 12:22am
Cucumber Pasta Salad

Serves: 8
400g uncooked spiral pasta
2 cucumbers, chopped
1/2 onion, finely chopped
10 cherry tomatoes, quartered
1 cup Italian-style salad dressing
Directions
Preparation:15min › Cook:15min › Extra time:2hours chilling › Ready in:2hours30min
1. Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling stir in the pasta and return to a boil. Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta has cooked through but is still firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Drain and cool by running cold water over the pasta in a colander set in the sink.
2. Combine cooked and cooled pasta with the cucumbers, onion, tomatoes and olives in a large bowl. Pour the Italian dressing over the salad and stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate for at least two hours before serving.

Homemade light Italian dressing is superb but make a double batch so you have enough to add to the above recipe to your taste.
Light Italian Dressing
1 medium tomato, halved
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons dijon mustard
Pinch of sugar
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 small clove garlic, minced
1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
1/8 teaspoon dried basil
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
Directions
Rub the cut sides of the tomato along the coarse holes of a grater into a bowl; discard the skins.
Whisk in 1/4 cup water, the vinegar, lemon juice, dijon mustard, sugar, olive oil, garlic, oregano, basil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste.

valentino, Dec 2, 12:24am
Pasta Salad with Roasted Vegetables This is very nice too.

Ingredients
Serves: 4
• 1 zucchini, cubed
• 1 eggplant, cubed
• 1 onion, diced
• 1 green capsicum, diced
• 1 clove garlic, crushed
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 375g spiral pasta
• 2 diced tomatoes
• 90g diced feta cheese
• 1 cup (250ml) Italian-style salad dressing
Directions
Preparation:10min › Cook:30min › Ready in:40min
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
2. Combine zucchini, eggplant, onion, capsicum and garlic in a baking dish. Toss with olive oil. Bake for about 20 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
3. Bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and rinse with cold water.
4. In a bowl combine vegetable mixture, cooled pasta, tomatoes, feta and salad dressing; toss until well mixed.

sandy09, Dec 2, 1:59am
Thank-you sound good.

aktow, Dec 3, 9:21am
you can forget that 1 teaspoon of this and 1 teaspoon of that crap,,
1) salmon and pasta salad,,
pasta any type but i prefer macaroni, when pasta cooked add sliced raw mushrooms, tomato, sliced onions, diced spring onions. tin of pink salmon, season with lots of salt and pepper,, add mayonnaise and mix all together, i make it so it sticky. put in frig for at least a hour,, all ingredients i judge by eye. if i think i need more of a ingredient i add it,,

aktow, Dec 3, 9:26am
2) Chicken & spinach pasta salad
ingredients chicken, pasta ,spinach,
sliced red onions , sliced capsicums, tomato,
spring onions, thick mayonnaise seasoning,, can add herbs.
this can be made with filled ravioli. really nice

aktow, Dec 3, 9:31am
3) a really nice pasta salad is, cold macaroni and cheese, i used to turn our leftover macaroni dish into a salad,,

when macaroni is cold add mayonnaise or sour cream, Crème fraîche , to thin it down, season and add anything you like to give it colour,,
examples, bacon, onions, tomato, spring onions, red onions, herbs,

daarhn, May 16, 6:59pm