Help. How can I make

rainrain1, Oct 2, 4:45am
a ready made Chicken Korma hotter, what to add that won't spoil it?

awoftam, Oct 2, 4:57am
What spice does it have in it - can you add more of what is already in the sauce?

rainrain1, Oct 2, 5:06am
It's only packet sauce, usually I make my own, but not tonight, . wondering if chilli powder might heat her up a notch, there's nothing worse than a too mild curry, if you're going to eat curry, then at least have some heat I say

cinderellagowns, Oct 2, 5:35am
Ginger is a nice way to add to some zing to most things.

ljayl, Oct 2, 5:56am
Trident sweet chilli sauce is SUPER HOT ! you only need a teaspoon or less for heat !

daarhn, Oct 3, 3:07am
No idea if you're joking? It registers nil on the hot factor at ours.

lythande1, Oct 3, 3:14am
chilli is what gives curry it's heat.

Or use pepper.

davidt4, Oct 3, 3:39am
A korma is normally a very mild curry, so while you could add a little chilli don't overdo it or you'll throw the balance off.

motorbo, Oct 3, 5:28am
nope it is a combination of spices

daarhn, Oct 3, 7:40am
Perhaps serve an authentic indian chilli pickle as a condiment on the side for that bit of oopmh?

nala2, Oct 3, 7:50am
Chilli pickle would be my choice although a lot of authentic Indian chilli pickle can be somewhat "sharp as in bitter" as well as hot.

daarhn, Oct 3, 8:26am
The curry powder/ mix used in the korma can be substituted for a hotter commercial brand curry powder. I'd fry in oil few minutes to release flavour when frying the chicken then add your packet sauce and let it reduce to get a thicker richer flavour when the oil forms.

rainrain1, Sep 20, 8:41am
Thanks all, I added a bit of chilli, but it still wasn't the right heat for me. Some good some ideas for next time