Whats ya best yummy sticky chicken nibble recipe

molly37, Dec 10, 7:44am
My family love them, and requested them for xmas, but I've been disappointed with the recipes tried so far. We dont like anything spicy, but something super tasty and sticky would be great. Thanks :)

petal1955, Dec 10, 8:17am
Sticky Chicken

Marinade
1½ tbsp dark soya sauce
3 tbsp apricot jam
2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp tomato sauce
1 large pinch Chinese five spice powder

Place marinade in bowl and marinade chicken for 30 mins in fridge,cover with glad wrap.

Use drums, wings or nibbles

Bake in hot oven till juices run clear

misash, Dec 10, 10:01am
1/4 cup honey
2 tbsp orange juice
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/8 tps red pepper flakes (optional)
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp olive oil
1 kg chicken nibbles
salt and pepper to taste

In a bowl combine first 4 ingredients.

Heat butter and olive oil in a frying pan and add chicken, salt and pepper and brown the chicken.

Add honey mixture to skillet and cook, turning to coat chicken well. While cooking sauce will thicken.

valentino, Dec 10, 6:49pm
One part of the TMC are these.

STICKY CHICKY
8 - 12 chicken pieces 3/4 cup orange marmalade 3 tablespoons soy sauce 2 teaspoons prepared minced ginger line baking dish with baking paper(makes it easy to clean after) mix marinade together.pour over chicken.bake 180 for 40min(or until cooked),baste during cooking.easy and delicious posted by lynja

Grilled & Tangy Chicken
slice through the breast to make thinner - you get about 3 per breast, marinate for half an hour in 1 tbsp minced ginger, 2 tblsp dried thyme, juice and rind of 1 -2 lemons plus about a tblsp or 2 of oil – olive or rice bran Then best way to cook is on an indoor grill, you can bbq but watch you don’t overcook it. posted by motorbo

my fav way
is mix curry powder, chilli, garlic, cumin, paprika and coconut cream pour over chicken legs in a roasting dish, bake until done - sauce should evaporate right down. mmmm - you can use curry pastes instead of spices or dont worry about the cumin and paprika if you dont have them. Very similar to what one poster said above about the spice mix and yoghurt, but this is sweeter and my kids (despite being raised on spicy food) don't complain about this recipe! posted by mura1

Honey Curry Chicken
1/4c honey 2T butter 1/4c prepared mustard 1-2t curry powder Melt together. Coat chicken. Bake at 180 for about an hour, turning once.
poster unknown

spicy bbq chicken marinade
onion, garlic, 1/4 cup tomato sauce, 2 T vinegar, 1 T worcester sauce, 1 t sugar, 1/4 t mustard powder, chilli sauce to taste, salt and pepper.(you could replace the sugar with golden syrup if you liked). marinate for 2-6 hours posted by jasongroves

fifie, Dec 10, 10:28pm
These always go down well with my lot.
Sticky Glazed Chicken Nibbles. in slowcooker, from Alison Holst.
¼ cup dark soy sauce
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon oil
1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon cornflour
2 large cloves garlic crushed and chopped.
1 or 2 kg bag of chicken nibbles:
Place first 6 ingredients in a bowl and whisk till all mixed.
Put nibbles in cooker pour over mixture in bowl using tongs toss nibbles to coat with sauce. Lid on and cook on High 3-4 hours when cooked toss nibbles again in glaze lift out of cooker with tongs put on a serving plate sprinkle with sesame seeds.
You can add ¼ cup of sherry to sauce mix , little more cornflour, and 1-2 tablespoons grated ginger if you have it. for a bit more zing.

pollypanner, Dec 11, 5:55am
Chicken nibbles, soy sauce, can of Coke, cook in electric fry pan turning accasionally, yummy and sticky

grouch, Dec 11, 8:11am
I made this one last night and loved it and this is what I will be making on Xmas Day,
From the Foodlovers site,

1 Tbsp Tomato Sauce
3 " Soy Sauce
1 " Honey
1 " Oil,
2 cloves of crushed garlic
Chicken nibbles

Combine all and marinade for several hours,
Preheat oven to 200 oC . Line a tray with baking paper and place the nibbles on and cook until glossy and dark.

I kept basting them with the marinade throughout the cooking and I also addded sesame seeds. They were divine!

skydancing, Dec 11, 8:52am
Now that is what I call timing. got chicken wings for tomorrow night and came on here to get inspiration and the first heading i see was for this thread! I think I will try the slow cooker one! Thanks folks!

molly37, Apr 25, 1:51am
Thanks. think i might trial a couple of recipes this weekend first.