Porridge in the crockpot??

slimshady9, May 6, 8:10am
Does an any one have any measurements and is it any good? thanks

harrislucinda, May 6, 8:59am
my1says1cupoats2 cups watergreaseinsidepotplaceingredcookom low7 to 9hrsorovernightbuti tryed thisandwasvery wellcookedbymorning anddrysoyou mayhaveto ajustasnevertryedagain

mango5, May 7, 5:37am
1/4 cup porridge to 1 cup milk/water and a pinch of salt and most important a timer so that you can put your timer on at 4. 30 and have it ready by 7. 30. Easy as.

rainrain1, May 7, 7:35pm
Why on this earth anyone would want to cook porridge in the crock pot when you can cook in a few minutes stovetop or microwave, beats me :-)

pickles7, May 7, 9:27pm
I am chortling.

trevk, May 7, 9:53pm
use a casserole dish or baking dish with high sides that fits inside your crockpot/slow cooker and put an inch or so of water in the crock potso the porridge is sitting in the casserole dish in a "bath". You may need to add a little boiling water to the porridge in the morning if it is a little thicker than you are used to. To be honest if you have a microwave its just as quick to do your porridge in the microwave as over night in the crockpot. Do not put the porridge direct into your crockpot as the outside will become tough and unpalentable. Use the same method for fish pies, lasange etc.

millymolly_mtb, Apr 11, 5:44pm
We always cook ours this way. It cooks wholegrain oats properly.
(I wouldn't bother with it for rolled oats),

I use 1 cup of wholegrain oats to 2 1/2 cups of water and a pinch of salt. Sometimes I add a couple of Tbsp ground almonds in place of same measure of oats, or some sultanas.
I cook my oats in a covered pyrex dish up on a trivet inside the slowcooker - filled to halfway up the pyrex dish with water. Slow setting switched on just before bed and switched off as soon as we get up (and up to an hour before we eat) makes it perfect!