Come dine is coming to NZ :)

Page 1 / 2
holly-rocks, Jun 10, 5:40am

rainrain1, Jun 10, 5:45am
Can't wait, it should be a disgusting hoot

holly-rocks, Jun 10, 5:58am
I agree! Hope the narrator is as good as the UK one ( probably not though) Looking forward to watching :D

venna2, Jun 10, 6:10am
Whatever happened to Campbell Live?

bedazzledjewels, Jun 10, 6:23am
Bring it on! I'm just surprised that there are enough people willing to make idiots of themselves.

makinmoney, Jun 10, 6:28am
It will be crap, but only because guy Williams is the host / narrator

cleggyboy, Jun 10, 6:43am
What is with all these cheap nasty, reality shows? Where is the decent TV we used to have 30 yrs back? Decent comedy, current affairs, travel, nature etc.
Hardly worth pressing the remote now. Thank gawd for DVD's.
Frankly the real talented programmers have buggered off overseas, they saw the writing on the wall.

kay141, Jun 10, 7:27am
I'm not surprised at all. The promise of money makes idiots of many as the current reality shows indicate. I can think of several on these boards who would be very suitable but I only know their trading names.

infinityjrc, Jun 10, 9:34am
In the Campbell live slot they must think we are so dumb, I won't be wanting it utter rubbish.

lythande1, Jun 10, 7:05pm
Oh god.
Put bunch of incompatible people together, watch them cook (often badly) and behave like idiots.
who watches this crap?

rainrain1, Jun 10, 7:54pm
You?

valentino, Jun 10, 9:54pm
LOL, my first thought was 4 whom remain nameless with a fifth (a Neutral) to make up one heck of a Bun Fight, LOL.

My son noted to us quite some time ago "Who would you like to see at a Dinner Table, first one was Jesus, next the Devil, then Hitler or Stalin, Billy Graham or William Carey and ME (the son) ! ", thought at the time it was a cracker. Yep, nothing better than a good BUN FIGHT !

kaddiew, Jun 10, 11:01pm
Do you mean good as in enjoyable - or good as in he's such a prat and so appalling that I just want to smack him every time I hear his voice?

The latter for me.

holly-rocks, Jun 11, 2:25am
Good as enjoyable ~ I think he is really funny ! But i know of people who don't like him either.
I personally want to smack the Big save furniture girl every time she opens her mouth! . Stop yelling at us!

kaddiew, Jun 11, 3:40am
Oh yes!

battgirl, Jun 11, 3:49am
The problem with trainwreck tv shows coming to our tiny piece of Paradise is we're all BOUND to know someone on them (either directly or by association). Shudder.

anne1955, Jun 11, 6:06am
Well I'd love to do this :) But then I love cooking and entertaining and have do all sort of neat dinner parties that have got a bit crazy :) Cryptic Crossword Menu :) Ok mostly with people I know :) Has been the odd ring-in but a couple of wines and they get the idea. Wrong time on TV slot for me but may have a look in from time to time. Mind you I'd just love to put myself to the test cooking wise.

wendalls, Jun 11, 10:54am
I think he's enjoyable too! Love that show but cant believe how uneducated they are about cooking! Sometimes I wonder if they pretend to not know what the foreign dishes are, and mispronounce them for a laugh. My husband has to leave the room as he cant stand it.

kaddiew, Jun 16, 7:34am
Even worse than I feared.

kiwilion, Jun 16, 10:22am
Well why not give it a go, there is an Apply Now button at the top of the page.-

http://www.tv3.co.nz/Shows/ComeDineWithMe.aspx

valentino, Jun 16, 9:48pm
Went to TV3+1 for that one hour later and got the feeling that the producers are only interested in anything silly that can be conjured up and not much about the meals and comments.

I wanted to see what others really do but it was very disappointing and concentrated on the personalities and hinting other meanings of choice of words used, (hopefully this makes sense). Is this the norm these days?

kaddiew, Jun 16, 10:25pm
Yes, I'm afraid that's the norm for this programme! Can't stand the UK version of it, and the NZ one seems even worse - if that's at all possible. And as for the narrator. I wanted to smack the UK one - I REALLY want to smack the NZ one.

I'm done watching it after one episode, but others will love it.

samanya, Jun 16, 10:33pm
Same here. I thought it was painful to watch a group of embarrassing themselves with their behaviour. A crap show IMO

nauru, Jun 17, 6:08am
I watched it ondemand, mainly out of curiosity after reading others negative comments. I have to agree, it was rubbish. Same as the UK one which was OK when it first aired but went downhill at a rapid pace after the first series.

fat-like-me, Jun 17, 7:26am
Burger and chips really !