Dolce Gusto coffee machine

eljayv, Sep 17, 11:01pm
I was recently given one of these . just don't like the coffee in their capsules (the ones I have tried) and have read some negative reports on the refillable capsules. Anyone using one and found a capsule you like or a solution for me.

sampa, Sep 18, 1:08am
Which types have you tried so far? During winter particularly I use mine more often than not as a convenient, quick dispenser of very hot water for tea (normal and herbal) cup of soups etc. What sort of coffee do you usually enjoy? You don't have to follow the 'rules' as such - I sometimes make their meant to be drunk black coffee and add my normal milk, even the ones that they specify as 'short' I'll make 'long'. And - bah-humbug - who said the milk capsule thingie has to go in last (when there is one) . darn well will put it in first if I want too and make it the way I like it! ;-)

jia5, Sep 18, 3:30am
I like the cafe au lait. The others with milk in them are too sweet. Why have sugar in the pods at all, seems that they miss out on a lot of sales by doing this.

eljayv, Sep 18, 8:36am
Thanks for the ideas, I like gravity coffee and some other blends that are more mellow and not bitter, but I will try some other capsules. Was given with the machine a carton of espresso intenso.

sampa, Sep 18, 9:13am
The Americano blend is pretty mild, maybe try that one next.

mi34, Oct 17, 1:20am
Does anyone know if other pods fit into this machine?TIA