Fund raising food ideas

Anyone made food for fund raising? ideas on cheaper options would be greatly appreciated. Scones have been a hit. plus cheap.

We are selling at work. so I was thinking hot foods like soups or Irish stew, etc.

Chef_leebee35, Jun 15, 8:22 pm

Soup would be good at work but we also do fudge frenzy Friday - 2 or 3 people (depends how many of you work there) make a batch of fudge each and we sell it for $1 a piece - it's nice to have a sweet treat on a Friday

Chef_sarahb5, Jun 15, 10:56 pm

having done years of school fairs, fudge is the thing which I can cook which has the greatest margin

I can make a batch for around $4.50 and sell for $25

Chef_duckmoon, Jun 15, 11:06 pm

You can go to Just a mum blog,fantastic baking ideas there also there is a recipe for a huge banana cake with chocolate icing in there which I think will be ideal for selling in fundraising.

Chef_moparpete, Jun 16, 1:27 pm

Mussel chowder yum yum! So long as the folks at your work are seafood fans. Have this at our school gala every year and goes down a treat.

Chef_kirmag, Jun 16, 1:51 pm

Not cupcakes! I will never take part in a bake sale again after the disappointment in hearing that my cupcakes were sold for $1 or less due to a glut of them at school. ( and to my kids!) Would far rather have donated $10.
But yes the suggestions above for selling at work are a much better idea. My friend did soup with success. I imagine a breadmaker with a loaf brewing would attract even more punters!

Chef_wendalls, Jun 16, 1:53 pm

I like the soup idea a lot. Bone broths too which are the latest thing in New York apparently. It's the sort of food that busy people might not have time to make but would really enjoy.

Chef_bedazzledjewels, May 24, 2:06 pm

Share this thread