Great Australian Bake Off

Page 1 / 2
bedazzledjewels, Jun 28, 8:58pm
I enjoyed that last night and was relieved to see them following the British format exactly. The chequerboard cake looked to be a tough challenge.

kaddiew, Jun 28, 9:19pm
I dozed off in the middle of it, so must do a catch up. I didn't think the woman judge pulled off her 'bad cop' routine very credibly - but I'd never heard of her, so maybe she IS actually like that.

The woman presenter looks familiar - was she on Aust Jnr Masterchef?

bedazzledjewels, Jun 28, 10:03pm
Yes, she was on Junior Masterchef.

kaddiew, Jun 28, 10:18pm
The chequerboard cake challenge was a tricky one to start off with, so I was impressed that they did so well. I'm glad they've followed the British format; it just works.

bedazzledjewels, Jun 28, 10:56pm
If only they'd done that with Masterchef too.

kaddiew, Jun 29, 12:36am
Heck yes! I see TV3 has begun its "coming soon" for the next NZ Masterchef. Not looking forward to it one bit, but anything has to be an improvement on that abomination currently running 5 nights a week at 7pm.

unknowndisorder, Jul 7, 2:59am
DH wasn't impressed when I started watching it when we got home Saturday, and full of his usual obnoxious questions about "how come I haven't seen this before, who's that, and blah blah". he sat quietly once it aired and commented he didn't mind that, it was comparable to the UK one (I watch a lot of my programmes without him, as know he hates most of them, can tolerate some, and even enjoys fewer).

I guess this is one that I can watch with him home lol

kaddiew, Jul 7, 3:31am
I'm starting to enjoy it, although I think I prefer the quieter British contestants who don't seem to shriek and throw their toys out of the cot like these Aussies do.

bedazzledjewels, Jul 19, 8:11am
Quiche Lirraine tonight. I can't remember when I last made one.

kaddiew, Jul 19, 11:05am
Me neither. Some of the mini tarts looked delicious.

slimgym, Jul 20, 5:07pm
surprised me re the winner last night. The swearing is pretty bad. Love the guy, hes so funny

willy911, Jul 24, 1:09am
I want to know why, when its supposed to be done over 2 days they all have the same clothes on both days

karlymouse, Jul 24, 10:25am
Yes I like the UK version better, the two UK presenters are just quietly funny and likeable. the others no so much.

kaddiew, Jul 25, 10:37pm
Love those UK presenters. Tonight it's the bread challenge.

kaddiew, Aug 8, 11:47pm
It's the semi final tonight, and it's pastry.

bedazzledjewels, Aug 9, 7:30pm
I missed it. Must watch next week?

unknowndisorder, Aug 9, 8:13pm
Next week is the final. I enjoyed last night's episode.

kaddiew, Aug 15, 11:17pm
Final tonight.

summersunnz, Aug 16, 7:41am
Final just started on Prime.

bedazzledjewels, Aug 16, 8:27am
I really enjoyed this series.

kaddiew, Aug 16, 8:57pm
Who won? I missed the final bake.

karlymouse, Aug 16, 9:41pm
It was not Maria and not the Man. I forgot her name. the Architect woman won which I found quite surprising.

bedazzledjewels, Aug 16, 9:43pm
Nancy.

kaddiew, Aug 16, 10:06pm
Thanks! My money was on Maria; surprised she didn't win.

slimgym, Aug 18, 12:02am
I watched a program the other night and they brought the contestants back and show you what they are doing now. Its was really good, didn't reckonise a couple of the contestants, they had different hair cuts