Why was I tempted to

rainrain1, Jul 1, 2:27am
buy a packet of Sweet Tamarind this morning, when I have no idea how to eat it. It says steamed on the packet. Better still what is it? It seems to be some scary stuff inside a shell, and I'm too afraid to taste it ha ha ha Help!

awoftam, Jul 1, 3:21am
Shell it, pull off the stringy bits and eat it. Spit out the seed.

rainrain1, Jul 1, 7:19pm
I have braved it and tried one, they are kind of like a mild date. I can't say I like them, and can't say I disliked them, they could be eaten as a healthy snack, (if you can find your way around the string and pips) as I have no idea what else you would you use them for, they're not something I would buy again, and I'll be surprised if I finish these ones, but at least I now know what these strange things taste like.

pinnochio1, Jul 1, 7:56pm
I think its a good idea to buy something outside your normal habits, it forces you to find a way to use it, maybe with the help of google. Helps keep you out of the rut that we most often travel in, I think they call it "Widen your horizons"

davidt4, Jul 1, 9:09pm
I have had very nice tamarind drinks in Thailand. I think they just consisted of the tamarind pulp and seeds diluted with water and strained, there was certainly no high-tech equipment involved.

rainrain1, Apr 18, 1:10am
They are a fiddle to eat, and I feel as though I'm eating the insides of some strange caterpillar ;)