Lemon Cheesecake

denise41, Sep 9, 9:32am
Hi there,Im looking for a nice Lemon Cheesecake. cooked or not cooked. something really nice please.Thankyou.

lcl2, Sep 9, 10:42am
Make a biscuit base with crushed biscuits and melted butter, press into a dish and chill in the fridge.
For the filling
Soften a pot of cream cheese, mix in a pot of either creme fraiche or mascarpone, juice and zest of a lemon and 2 tbls of honey (or sweetener) Pour into biscuit base and chill for at least 4 hours, (better if you can chill overnight) this makes a nice light cheesecake and you can vary the flavours to suit your taste

245sam, Sep 9, 12:01pm
denise41, the following is the recipe that I very successfully made my first ever cheesecake with. It's always popular whenever I have made it and is nicest at least 1 day old. It freezes well too.

HEAVENLY CHEESECAKE
Crumb Crust:
1 packet plain biscuits, crushed
170g butter, melted
Combine the biscuits and butter, then spread evenly into a 22•5cm (9”) springform tin and up the sides. Chill while preparing the Filling:
1 tbsp gelatine
250g cream cheese
¾ cup sugar
3 eggs
¼ cup each of water, lemon juice and milk
pinch salt
Blend the gelatine with the water and lemon juice, then set it aside. Combine the cream cheese, ½ cup sugar, beaten egg yolks, milk and salt. Cook over simmering water for 10 minutes, then blend in the gelatine mixture. Cool the mixture.
Beat 3 egg whites, gradually adding the remaining ¼ cup sugar, until soft peaks form. Fold this into cheese mixture and pour the filling carefully into crumb crust. Refrigerate.
If desired, pile whipped cream on top and serve as a dessert or as a cake with coffee.

Hope that helps. :-))

denise41, Sep 10, 9:18am
Hi there 245sam. that sounds xtra yummy. will be doing this one tomorrow.Thanks sooo much.Cheers.

nz_nicola, Sep 10, 10:40pm
1 pkt of chocolate digestive biscuits
80 grms of butter
1 tin condensed milk
375 grms Philadelphia cream cheese
Pottle of double cream
Juice of 4 lemons
In a pot melt butter, add crushed biscuits, then press into tin, place in fridge
In a bowl place cream cheese using a beater start to soften the cheese, add double cream mixing so it becomes smooth then slowly add condensed milk, then lemon juice , pour into tin and refrigerate

fee1965, Sep 11, 4:53am
This is my GO TO recipe for any unbaked cheesecake and it can be flavoured with anything:
500g cream cheese (room temp)
250ml Fresh cream (unwhipped)
1/3 C Castor Sugar
1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence (leave out if making a citrus flavour)

Beat cream cheese and sugar til smooth. Add cream gradually with vanilla. Mix again til smooth. Now add your flavours: lemon zest, chopped up cookies n creme biscuits, melted choc, coffee. pour into a biscuit base (250g biscuits mixed with 120g melted butter) and set in fridge.

denise41, Sep 11, 9:35am
OMG you lovely people. thanks sooo much for these lovely recipes. I may have to start dieting NOW. I just have to try all these yummy recipes!

denise41, Sep 12, 9:21am
Hi there 245sam. made your cheesecake and it was fantastic. thankyou.

Now I will try nz_nicolas recipe. I am really loving this.
Thankyou all.Cheers.

245sam, Sep 12, 9:27am
You're most welcome denise41. I'm so pleased that you made and enjoyed the cheesecake, and your feedback is much appreciated, so thank you too. :-))

bev00, Sep 12, 12:12pm
worthy of another whirl

marcs, Sep 12, 2:11pm
This is the only on my husband will eat. It contains no gelatine.

250g packet Arrowroot biscuit
125g butter melted (you may need more if you use dry biscuits)
Crush biscuits, add melted butter and press into a quiche pan and up the sides too.

Filling
250g traditional cream cheese at room temp
1 tin condensed milk
100ml lemon juice.

Beat the cream cheese till there are no lumps. Add condensed milk and beat together. Add lemon juice and mix in well. Pour into the base and chill well. I would serve with fresh passionfruit but berry coulis works as well or simply yum with just some cream.

petal1955, Sep 12, 7:20pm
Lemon Cheesecake
Biscuit base
2 packets crushed malt biscuits,
200gms melted butter.
Combine together and press into a large oven tray lined with silver paper. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes and allow to cool.
Filling:
1 packet lemon jelly,
3/4 cup boiling water,
2 tbsp grated lemon rind,
1 cup castor sugar,
juice of 3 lemons,
1 tsp vanilla,
1 can evaporated milk, chilled.
Container of cream cheese, 250grms pinch of salt.
Dissolve jelly in boiling water, add lemon rind and juice.
Beat evaporated milk in chilled bowl until thick. Add pinch of salt. Beat in cream cheese until smooth, then blend in sugar, vanilla. Fold in warm jelly. Pour onto biscuit base and chill for several hours.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Lemon Cheesecake
Ingredients
1 packet plain wine or digestive biscuits crumbled (easily done in a food processor)
125g butter melted
1 packet lemon jelly
3/4 cup boiling water
grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
400g cream cheese
3/4 cup white sugar
375ml can evaporated milk well chilled (keep in fridge overnight)
1 tsp vanilla essence
Method
Mix crushed biscuit crumbs and melted butter. Press into the base of a 21cm spring form well-greased cake tin. Bake for 10 minutes at 150°C. Cool.

Melt jelly in boiling water. Add rind and juice of the lemon. Beat the cream cheese with the sugar, add to jelly, stirring until well combined and creamy smooth. In a separate bowl, whip chilled milk until thick and fold into mixture. Add vanilla essence. Pour into crumb base and put in fridge for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.

Tip: Garnish with berries

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Lemon Cheese Cake

From a very old recipe book

1 lemon jelly, 1 cup castor sugar, tin evapourated milk (well chilled) 3/4 c boiling water, juice 2 lemons, 8 oz cream cheese (250g)
Dissolve jelly in the water and add the lemon juice. Beat the milk, cheese & sugar together. Add the jelly and mix through. Pour over biscuit base.

sallypugh, Sep 15, 1:17am
gingernuts make a terrific base for lemon cheesecake - ginger and lemon go perfectly together!

sampa, Oct 26, 4:53pm
I have the lemons, I have the biscuits and I have the necessary creamy stuff. I feel the urge. Bugga! lol . I also see a layer of whipped cream and chocolate shavings - double bugga!