CHEAP PASTA MACHINES ON TRADE ME

sossie1, May 5, 1:49am
hi all, just wondering if anyone has bought the cheaper pasta machines for sale, and if they are ok, cheers

cookessentials, May 5, 2:26am
You will find that the cheap pasta machines are made of cheap Chinese steel - the problem being that they do not roll you pasta evenly. At the end of the day, you get what you pay for. if you want a good brand, either the Italian Marcato Atlas or Imperia brands are the best.

nauru, May 5, 7:39am
Yes, I bought one a few weeks ago and yes, it is a cheap imitation of the more expensive ones that you see in the kitchen shops. Being a beginner to pasta making I was not willing to fork out a huge amount on a pasta machine, that's why I bought the cheaper version. I find it is excellent for the price I paid and it does roll and cut thepasta evenly. In fact I have used it quite often and am pleased with the results. Homemade pasta is way superior to dried or even shop bought fresh pasta. I guess it comes down to what you are willing to pay for a machine.

uli, Apr 2, 1:57am
Overseas you pay about $25 for the Italian Marcato Atlas ... anything more is mark-ups from the importers and sellers.

I have 3 Italian Marcato Atlas - one I bought and 2 I inherited ... so no need to buy more in my lifetime LOL :)

However I can heartily recommend them :)

Never seen any Chinese "copies" myself - but I am sure they are around :)