Cheesecakes

highfences, Aug 24, 8:25am
What is an easy unbaked cheesecake made with digestive biscuits

245sam, Aug 24, 8:22pm
highfences, I have never used digestives for the following cheesecake but IMO there's no reason that I can think of as to why digestives couldn't be used instead of the wine biscuits which are what I normally use for this particular cheesecake.

HEAVENLY CHEESECAKE
Crumb Crust:
1 packet plain biscuits, crushed
170g butter, melted
Combine the biscuits and butter, then spread evenly into a 22•5cm (9”) springform tin and up the sides. Chill while preparing the Filling:
1 tbsp gelatine
250g cream cheese
¾ cup sugar
3 eggs
¼ cup each of water, lemon juice and milk
pinch salt
Blend the gelatine with the water and lemon juice, then set it aside. Combine the cream cheese, ½ cup sugar, beaten egg yolks, milk and salt. Cook over simmering water for 10 minutes, then blend in the gelatine mixture. Cool the mixture.
Beat 3 egg whites, gradually adding the remaining ¼ cup sugar, until soft peaks form. Fold this into cheese mixture and pour the filling carefully into crumb crust. Refrigerate.
If desired, pile whipped cream on top and serve as a dessert or as a cake with coffee.
This is always popular and is nicest at least 1 day old. It freezes well too.

Hope that helps. :-))

Edited to add - The above is a very easy cheesecake to make.
Many years ago I thought that making cheesecakes was 'way-too-hard' for me to do however I was encouraged to try and that first attempt was the first of many cheesecakes that I have very successfully made, many of them with the above recipe. :-))

pauline999, Dec 6, 10:04am
The filling I do is 250g cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar beaten together, then add juice and zest from 1 or 2 lemons, 1/2 can chilled evaporated milk and beat well. Dissolve 1 lemon jelly in 3/4 cup boiling water. Allow to cool slightly before beating into mixture. Pour into prepared crumb base and chill